Enclosed Shaker Bookcases
Well, I've finally finished these bookcases. Seems like they've been crowding me in my shop for the better part of three months. I would've liked to photograph them outside, but they're so big that moving them is a chore and getting them into the house from the shop was probably all I could expect from my wife today after she returned from work! Anyway, it's hard to tell from the pics, but the back is full frame and panel as well. The hardware is from Horton, though I used brass shelf pins and sleeves from Lee Valley. Inspiration is obviously Moser-feel Shaker. I know many people aren't a fan of this knob style, but it's what I like and these big twins are going in my office here at home (once I paint it tomorrow). Anyway, here's a couple pics:

Reed
You don't need a parachute to go skydiving unless you want to do it more than once. . .
Beautiful... and probably exactly what my wife wants, too.
Excellent! And I like the door grain patterns!
Those are just beautiful! Wow!.

Excellent work.
Very nice!!
I like!
Stunning
Like wood, people have color, grain and spalting. Let's find the beauty in all of them.
Very nice! I really like the cove crown. Was it done with hand tools or machine? And if by hand, what tools?

Best regards

CB
My wife told not come back in the house 'till I cleaned the sawdust off my feet. Gotta love that woman!

I live in "Upper" Texas 'cause sayin' "North" Texas just don't sound right...
Very nice! What was the finish?
Excellent