Jewelry box progress
Lovely!

Doug
Nice figured wood for the body of that piece and the stringing & berries look really good to my eye as well. Good job!!
"For true creativity, we have to think beyond our tools." - MsNomer -
"Measuring is the enemy of precision." - Chris Schwarz on story sticks -
"only one opinion counts, the one that pays." - daveferg -
The box looks terrific, Mike!

About the finish, I wonder if you could put a coat of clear shellac on the top before using the oil?

Arm-R-Seal is a faux tung oil finish. BLO will give less yellow (per Jeff Miller). I really like using Arm-R-Seal, but it does give an amber tint.

Send one of the folks at Pop Wood an email. At least one of them has done string and berry, so might have some suggestions for protecting the holly.

Again, nicely done, my friend.

Blaine
The box is now done. The finish over the inlay eas the same as the rest of the walnut: Arm-R-Seal wipe on with a wax and 3M pad rub-out.

I was satisfied with the pigskin suede lining. The leather compliments the walnut and will help the contents stay in place and protected.
Love the box and really like the Line & Berry alot

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Super job Mike.

Stewie.
Very nice! Bet she really likes it.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Again that turned out really nice, beautiful looking Jewelry box.

Thanks with sharing !

Steve
That is a stunner Mike
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Thanks, all. She will appreciate it when she receives it at Christmas. I was a little humbled when a friend of mine mentioned that he is making a jewelry "case" that has twenty drawers and stands 5-1/2 ft. tall! Glad I don't have to fill that one.