Jewelry box progress
I am progressing on a jewelry case for my wife to receive at Christmas. I had no real plan but wanted to use some walnut I had accumulated. We actually collaborated on the size and interior storage for her little treasures. I wanted to use the line and berry inlay tools I had built, and thought that motif would be feminine and nice for this piece. The case is done except for the lid and hardware. The interior is padded pigskin suede. I think she will like it.
Beautiful.
I am sure she will love it.
Eric.
Beautiful wood, inlay, box! Well Done!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Mike, your skill and patience is to be admired. Very nice work.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
That's a winner. Really nice figured walnut. Love the line and berry. Nice work!
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
Very nice, I need to get going on a similar project for my wife. I'd love to see it when you complete it!
Very nice!!!

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Very nice job indeed and what a beautiful Jewelry Box, I am sure your Wife will love it.

Steve
Mike, one question regarding the inlay. Since the inlay is done on raw wood, how do you finish it without staining/coloring the inlay?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Joe, that's a good question. My stringing is holly, which is very white in the natural state. I am using General Finishes Arm-R-Seal wipe on the project, so that would change the holly to more of an amber color, which is fine with me, but I am going to try the finish on a sample piece of inlay before I jump into it. I have heard of using liquid masking material to protect inlay from finish staining, but I can say I won't be going there. The berries are ebony and cherry, so they should have a subtle contrast with the walnut when finished.

By the way, I am making a plain lid also; just in case the inlay is not what I had hoped. Fortunately the case itself is basically done.

Thanks for the nice comments, and I will post a photo when it is finished.