my last carvewright project
titanxt said:

TL, NO! Don't cave in! Something came up in the philosophy of a manufacturer and you changed your support. No apologies and no edit needed. That's what is wrong with today's man - not enough who speak their mind about their beliefs with conviction. Man, we have put a skirt on this thread...

Andy

I understand your thought process and would be happy to answer any questions presented to me via pm to anyone that is considering a Carvewright purchase- my intention is/was not to publicly bash the company but to simply say that in the past I have been viewed as one of the more prolific carvewright users and am simply posting that I no longer wish to be considered among the "happy Carvewright users" group and am trying to do so vocally but gracefully (I am struggling with this combination)

Thanks again for your input, it is appreciated.

V/r
Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
TL, I am a fan of yours and what you do! But men are not supposed to be "graceful", except for those ballerina fellers...

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
titanxt said:

TL, I am a fan of yours and what you do! But men are not supposed to be "graceful", except for those ballerina fellers...

Andy

lol, point well taken... maybe that is why I'm failing at doing so.

V/r
Lawrence
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
I understand, I used to think PC routers were great, I had an older one, and i got a newer one. Then I replaced it with a makita.

I clearly understand, times and tools change.
And each model has to stand on its own.
Terminal cancer sure ruins retirement planning
Richard D. said:

I have philosophical differences with the guy that owns Dominos Pizza but I still like the Pizza.

This just shows you are weak and lack the fortitude to stand up for what you know is right!

Now, the important question ... sausage or pepperoni?

See ya later,
Bill
Larry, you have pushed carvewright non-stop on this forum. I think its fair to say publicly what turned you off.

You kinda got this passive/aggressive thing going...

Spit it out.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

CLETUS said:

Larry, you have pushed carvewright non-stop on this forum. I think its fair to say publicly what turned you off.
Spit it out.

I appreciate that and there may be something to what you say.

Because I have pushed so hard as a customer I'm simply saying that I'm no longer pushing...

if you really require a reason, call it, "dissatisfaction with
customer service and the company's responses to feedback when customers voice this dissatisfaction"
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio

I don't get it. I'd think their machine would lead the field:

Quote:

LHR Technologies was founded in 2001 by former NASA robotics engineers Christopher S. Lovchik and J. David Jochim as a research and development company. As critical thinkers and craftsmen, they saw the need for new innovation in robotic controlled porducts and formed LHR to bring their knowledge of state-of-the-art technology to bear in the consumer market. LHR Technology’s first innovation was a simple, safe and tool-free, quick-change bit system for hand-held routers. Patented and distributed in 2003, the quick-change system allows a user to quickly change from one router bit to another (even among 1/4” and 1/2” shank bits). In December 2006, LHR Technologies launched its CNC woodworking system in 400 Sears stores as the Craftsman CompuCarve CNC System. That following summer, LHR Technologies began selling the identical machine as the CarveWright CNC System. Both machines are alike, except for the name, and are designed and manufactured by LHR Technologies. CarveWright is currently carried by Lowe’s, Sears, Amazon, WoodCraft Supply, Northern Tool, ACE, Handy Hardware and through our online store.

CarveWright Product Developers

Christopher S. Lovchik
Christopher S. Lovchik grew up working in his father’s cabinetry shop and is proficient in all aspects of woodworking, including hand carving. Mr. Lovchik was also a professional watchmaker for 10 years, giving him experience and insight into precision mechanisms. He earned a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering from Wichita State University in 1994.

Mr. Lovchik was a senior research scientist at NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston. From 1995 to 2002, he headed the labs for Advanced Manipulator Development in the Advanced Systems Technology Branch of the Automation, Robotics and Simulation Division. He has been involved in a number of advanced projects and was the designer and inventor of the Robonaut hand (a five-finger dexterous robotic human hand that is still state-of-the-art today) for which he was awarded a U.S. Patent. He currently has 12 other patents in process through NASA. For his innovative designs and advancements in the field of dexterous robotics, Mr. Lovchik has received numerous awards, including the Exception Achievement Medal in 2000. He has had numerous articles published and lectured extensively in the field of Robotics.

J. David Jochim
J. David Jochim grew up experiencing and practicing the art of woodworking. The son of a cabinetmaker, Mr. Jochim worked his way through school as a craftsman and is familiar with the machines and techniques involved in woodworking. He graduated in 1997 from the University of Washington, earning a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering.

Following graduation, he began working at NASA Johnson Space Center in the advanced robotics branch. He led vehicle design and integration for the Mini AERCam free-flying vehicle project. Mr. Jochim also led the design and prototype manufacture of an innovative, pneumatically driven heavy-lift transporter for planetary surface applications. He currently has two patents under consideration and was awarded the Rotary National Stellar Award for Space Achievement in 2001.

[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I thought you were selling all your tools and moving across the pond?

I sorta figured you'd changed hobbies to something more British, like bird watching, or sitting quietly, something like that.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
How about the stupidity of a company that chooses not to resolve issues for a customer like TL??? Through his numerous posts of great projects and unparalleled endorsement of the Carvewright, he has probably influenced more people into purchasing their product than just about anybody. He has a problem and they don't figure out a way to make it right?

Forrest was right... Stupid is as Stupid does.

BTW: Welcome to the real world of CNC Let us know when you are getting ready to make the switch so, that we can help you avoid some of the pitfalls.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP