Your favorite antique tool store?
Isn't this a bit like asking someone to give up their favorite fishing hole? I'll play along anyway.

Centralia's downtown is full of antique stores. Most will have man stuff from time to time. If your wife likes antiques it's a good place to bring her and spend a solid afternoon looking around. There's also a good one in downtown Chehalis with a couple vendors dealing in tools including the owner. There is also the swap meet in the old Yard Birds building between Centralia and Chehalis. There's some good deals to be had there too though many of the vendors are not overly stable in their hours.
Also if you find yourself in the area and have the time, there's a couple sawmill guys selling figured maple among other woods at good prices in Rochester about 10 miles away.
Rodney
WaltQ
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
There are a few antique malls but nothing worthy of tools. The antique mall off Route 4 in Fairfield is about the only place you'll have a chance finding a tool but it's unlikely.

There is a new mall in Lebanon called The Peddler's Mall. I have found a couple of drills there. There are probably some planes there as well.

Best chance to find tools is at The Burlington Antique Show on the third Sunday of the month. Just make sure you get there early because I'm there at 6:00am looking for tools.
measure once cut remeasure said:

Dave's Tool Emporium in Albany NY

The hours are a little irregular, and there is no sign at the road. Most likely the curator has what you are looking for in stock, althought it could take a minute or two to locate it.

It is best to call ahead, or better yet, send a PM to the owner and fellow woodnet member "DaveParkis"

my .02
Karl

+1

But you can't beat the shipping costs!

Matt
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

measure once cut remeasure said:

The hours are a little irregular, and there is no sign at the road. Most likely the curator has what you are looking for in stock, althought it could take a minute or two to locate it.

It is best to call ahead, or better yet, send a PM to the owner and fellow woodnet member "DaveParkis"

my .02
Karl

Oy!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
#1- The world's longest yard sale.
127 Sale

#2- Friendship Flea Market
Friendship Fela Market
EatenByLimestone said:

[blockquote]measure once cut remeasure said:

my .02
Karl

+1

But you can't beat the shipping costs!

Matt

[/blockquote]

+2 although I have never had the pleasure to visit the establishment I have met Dave in person twice now . And I will say he is one heck of a nice Guy, but don't tell him I said that .

Back to the origional post most of you are very lucky, not so much in my neck of the woods. I did manage to find a nice D8 a few weeks ago and of all place's it was a china and furniture antique store with some older clothes in the mix. This was was in Down Town St. Cloud, Fl historical area.

Steve
Bump,
Spending the week in Monterey, CA. The Cannery Row Antique Store right off the Cannery Row had several good vendor booths for hand tools.
I have been to both Liberty and Hull's Cove, and will agree that they have more of what I'm looking for....Both owned by the same person, who runs ads in Boston and other large northern city newspapers wanting to buy tools for his stores. He also owns Capt. Tinkham's Tool Emporium, which is in Camden, Maine, IIRC...I stopped in there one time, but the stock of old tools was pretty poor...I think he takes most of them to his other locations.

The large Antique Mall in Queechee Vt. has a few tool sellers and also the Stone House Antique mall in Chester Vt. usually has a few...{a few came home with me last week.}..

Another great tool source is the HUGE antique mall just about a mile south of Franklin, N.C. on US 441. altho they seem to be generally higher priced.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Lee Valley

Although they only sell new tools, I hear they have a great stash of old tools collection.
Boy o Boy would I love to see what they have.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.