Turning Custom Screwdrivers - Survey
(01-01-2017, 06:39 PM)Router-Jim Wrote: I use the Rockler kits also.   Here are a bunch of mine.  As you can see the possibilities are endless.  Feel free to copy any of my designs.

Jim

[Image: Router-Jim-Screwdrivers.jpg]

Jim those look familiar.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-01-2017, 06:39 PM)Router-Jim Wrote: I use the Rockler kits also.   Here are a bunch of mine.  As you can see the possibilities are endless.  Feel free to copy any of my designs.

Jim

[Image: Router-Jim-Screwdrivers.jpg]

Please forgive me ignorance, but how do you get pieces that thin for the lamination? I'd love to make some handles like those.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Dave, you should be able to cut the lamination pieces either on the band saw or on the table saw.  If I need two or more the same thickness I might attach them to a carrier board and run them thru the belt sander.
Scary thing is Jim might just be right... Patsfan 04/04/05
Really nice work Jim.

I made one before from TSC discount bens and just cut off the plastic handles and made wooden ones.

The guys would like to make several for gifts for there wife's and for themselves but I just can not afford them.  Rocklers are way out of the budget and the only one close is PSI for 5.95 or 4.95

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKSDK4.html

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKSDKRB.html

but with either one if I have to buy 50+ it just gets to much $$
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thank you Arlin.  I think if you're patient the Rockler one does go one sale for $5 occasionally.
Scary thing is Jim might just be right... Patsfan 04/04/05
Quote:Please forgive me ignorance, but how do you get pieces that thin for the lamination? I'd love to make some handles like those.

Re-saw on bandsaw or contact Jason.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Who is Jason?
(01-03-2017, 09:06 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: Who is Jason?

tocws2002 - a good guy who enabled my entry into the vortex

You have seen his sets of joiner's mallets, gun sales, and flat rate boxes of veneer in SnS.

I see that Woodcraft also sells veneer.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks Ivan!!! I will keep an eye out and drop him a note.
Dave, I have thousands of board feet in 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2" in exotics and domestics. Text or call me and let me know what you want.

-G
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com