Some more Christmas ornaments.
craneman54 said:

I should have asked the first time,but what size are the ones you use?

I think it's These

I should also add I said the ones were nickel plated, they're zinc plated.
Steve K

OK thanks for the info.

Again great work on your ornaments.
Carl
Hard headed Cajun
bump for the upcoming holiday season
Try a more delicate method of hanging, using cotter pins. Bore, glue, hang. Silver or brass color, your choice.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Bump
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Beautiful work. The bell is just awesome. When you hollow them out, do you use a hollowing tool or do you just drill out a portion?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
AHill said:

Beautiful work. The bell is just awesome. When you hollow them out, do you use a hollowing tool or do you just drill out a portion?

Thanks Alan

On those I just used a spindle gouge like you would for end grain hollowing. They are not very big or deep so that works well. I did not pre drill them although that would work too.
Steve K

You know I was surprised I had this as a favorite but never put a remark on it.

Guess I was to excited to do the first part first.

Anyway I always liked them and still have the ones you made.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Bump for those who wish to make them and do not know what to do with their left over plywood
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
There is no need to bump anymore, as threads never expire.  Unless you just want to push it to the top of the reading list again.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill