Post pics of your homemade tools
Wow! For both the tiny plane and the materials. You might want to send that off to Rob Lee for his collection.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Tremblay said:

Thanks, Dom!

I'll have to try that. Now I've got to get some guitar strings

Do banjo strings work?

If they don't, ask a guitar picker friend. I throw used sets away all the time.
bump
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Greg,

This is a very good thread. It's always good to see all the various talents we have here being displayed and shared by the makers. I'm always impressed and often times amazed.

I'll share one of my favorite hand tools I made. I made this back in 2010. It's a multi-saw. It has exchangeable blades. I have made one DT blade that is only .010 thick with 19PPI rip teeth. The side plates that clamp the blades act as depth stops so the depth of cut is exactly repeatable. The handle is unique, in that it is a cover top, with the mortise on the underside. The handle is screwed only to the back and not the blade. There is no slot in the handle for the blade. I have made four different blades for the saw, but any number of other blades could be made for it. It will accept a blade up to .025 thick. The blades are slotted for vertical adjustments.

I'll only post two pictures to give you the idea what it is. Here's a link to Picasa where you can see many more pictures.
More pictures of the Multi-saw
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
A recent backsaw in oak:

Craig D Does sawing logs count as woodwork? My blog
Good job, Graig,

I like that you located a screw through the back. That does wonders to stabilizing the handle to the blade and greatly strengthens the mortise area.

Beautiful wood and very well finished.
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
Bump!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?

Plane hammer wasn't quite finished yet.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There sure is alot of Finely crafted homemade tools in this thread, and the amount of skills that many of you have are off the charts!

This one however is my favorite. In this plane I see a man that had a Vision, and with a lot of Will, Determination and Sheer Cussedness, he accomplised his Vision! No doubt that he does not have a lot of big money tools at his disposal, nor, Truth be told a whole lot of experiance in general, but by Goodness, what he lacks in those areas he greatly makes up for in Will, Determination and Sheer Cussedness, all traits that I Highly admire!

Barry, I applaud you!

barryvabeach said:

You wouldn't say that if a juju man had messed with your mojo. Kizar 7-19-13

But when an outsider threatens our President, and a miserable camel humping piece of pig turd at that, Charlie D. 2/3/15

Todd, thanks. I actually had a project that was quite above my skill level, so I kept delaying each step in any way I could, often by making another tool. This one was to trim the dovetails for a sliding dovetail joint. Not all that critical a joint, but the fit came okay, and I am happy with the overall project, though it contains several hundred mistakes.