Post pics of your homemade tools
Mark, a slick piece of jigging! But, where are the rock potatoes, and boulders. We live on hundreds of feet of glacial till (rock) around here. The only thing worse is digging holes in a mountain river boulder bar.
Wow.....There is some real talent on display here.....my best is my Bench Dog........

A little plane used here to make small sticks smaller:

Used here to fine tune for a dado fit.
Craig D Does sawing logs count as woodwork? My blog
Tag
Made a few more of my hammers to give away over the holidays. This time with Cocobolo and Ash handles; with Desert Ironwood and Blackwood hammer tips.

Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/
All of your improvements and new items are beautifully made, Richard.
Just finished this little guy.....a veneer hammer. Bubinga, maple, ash handle, UHMW, oil finish. Hoping to start my first veneering project in the next few weeks.

Here's a better pic of the handle.

And what better way to make a hand tool......by using hand tools.

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I like it!

How did you burn the rings around the base of the handle?
Peter

My "day job"
Peter Tremblay said:

I like it!

How did you burn the rings around the base of the handle?

Oh I know, I know!!

When you turn the handle on a lathe you make a slight groove with the point of skew. Then you ramp up the speed and use a guitar string. Wrap the ends of the guitar string around a wooden dowel. NOT YOUR FINGER!! Hold the string against the groove until it smokes and burns the line.

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Blacky's Boy said:

Oh I know, I know!!

When you turn the handle on a lathe you make a slight groove with the point of skew. Then you ramp up the speed and use a guitar string. Wrap the ends of the guitar string around a wooden dowel. NOT YOUR FINGER!! Hold the string against the groove until it smokes and burns the line.

Yup. Dom taught me that trick. Picked up some guitar strings the other day, Dom, as you suggested. They looked at me funny when I asked for the cheapest strings in the house.

The rings look good and serve a practical purpose by providing better grip.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools