Post pics of your homemade tools
Daryl, I refuse to believe that you made those! No.

Speechless now ...

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Daryl, jeez -- I'd feel kinda guilty asking you to sharpen saws now. You are quite a master craftsman! Beautiful work, all of it.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
........ WOW, you have many talents Sir, great looking tools.

And as I mentioned before absolutely stunning work for those of you who have posted as I keep drooling.

This Thread Delivers !

Steve
BaileyNo5 said:

The most important shop tool...

Is it just the lighting, or did you have your wagon vise hand wheel chromed? If so, did it create any fitment issues on the shaft?
Mike

Funny on occasion, embarrassing on average.
baconpga said:

Some very talented people here on WoodNet. I find myself coming back to this thread to look at all the eye candy quite often. Still drooling over the chisels that Larry Williams made.

Agreed. I would sign up for the first set made available to the public.

Please make proper chisels available again, Larry. Seriously consider the first set sold if you do it.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

I would also like to see Larry offer chisels. I would like bare chisels, without handles.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
KSMike said:

Is it just the lighting, or did you have your wagon vise hand wheel chromed? If so, did it create any fitment issues on the shaft?

Hi Mike

It's a Benchcrafted, that's the way they built them at the time I bought it. Looks like it's chrome-plated.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Daryl Weir said:

No purchased parts in this infill. I machined everything in this one except for a couple of roll pins.

Daryl,

All I can say is WOW!!!!! You've got skills SIR!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Here are a couple of my recent shop-made tools.

This is a scraper I use for removing finish from plane and saw totes. It was made from a rusty old babbitt scraper.

This one is a chisel mallet made from bronze with birdseye maple handle.

I borrowed this picture from Gregory of Sherwood Forest since I forgot to take some photos before shipping it off. This hammer was made from an old chunk of brass hex stock and fitted with a hand-carved hickory handle.

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
BaileyNo5,

I will respectfully have to disagree... The most important tool in the shop would have to be the coffee cup - without it you would not be able to hold the coffee....

I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.