Post pics of your homemade tools
You're welcome Mike. It's interesting you linked me to those woods I used, 'cause I've never used them before that plane. The Bubinga I got as part of a bronze hammer swap and the paduke was a cutoff I got from a friends shop. It was a fun project and the first time I tried knurling a knob. These swaps are great place to push the skill set. Based on your post above it's a good thing I didn't make you a screwdriver.

RocJok... I've used that little bench quite a bit I made it about 28 years ago inspired by an article in the April 1941 issue of American Rifleman magazine. The article was called "Another Smallest" maybe someone with stronger Google Fu can find it on line. I tried and failed. If someone wants a copy send me a PM with an email and I'll send them a scan. The original called for a box and drawers accessed from the back. I still might build per the article.
The dimensions of top is 8 1/4" X 19" X 1 5/16" the height is 7 3/8" the legs are 1 3/4" square. Here is another photo or two.

Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Just amazing set of posts! I've given my nephew most of my shop made tools, so no photos, but here are a couple...
Great stuff so far

Come on everyone, let's keep this going.
We do not care if they are plain or fancy.

There are a lot more tools out there waiting to be added to the list
Please post yours!
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
I'll play, although you saw and plane guys are kind of stealing the show here.

Hard maple mallet:

L to R, osage orange, purchased sapodilla, persimmon, older osage, the hard maple. Background includes some persimmon chisel handles.

I agree we should include benches:

Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
wayne anderson said:

Pretty plane make me forget how talk. Me want.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

wayne anderson said:

It may work like one, but that's not a tool. It is Art, plain and simple. Amazing work.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
wayne anderson said:

Did you REALLY need to do that?

That's like bringing a gun to a knife fight.

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Blacky's Boy said:

[blockquote]wayne anderson said:

[/blockquote]

It's like bringing a howitzer to a knife fight.

Uffda, Wayne! That's incredible!

(and for those of you not from MN, Wayne knows what "uffda" means)
Blacky's Boy said:

More like a Howitzer to a knife fight!