Looking for some large wood slabs in the midwest
I have some of my own drying, but have a order for a dining table that can't wait. Anybody know anyone in the midwest that has slabs?
A little more info may be helpful. Specific species?Aprox size you are looking for? Also a WTB ad in Swap n Sell may yield some responses as well
~ Chris
John is just a phone call away, he often has heavy slabs
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
We have number of natural edge cherry and walnut slabs, and other large boards right in St. Louis. We might be there tomorrow morning, please call first.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Kettle moraine hardwoods is a great place. They have two locations one north and one south of Milwaukee
The lumber shed in traverse city Michigan.

Pm me if your Google fu doesn't work

Call Erickson Lumber in New Berlin, IL. It is between the Quad Cities & Galesburg ..... they have some amazing stuff.

Red
While further from home, my tree selling buddy says if you want it, these guys have it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If you are willing to drive northwest a little ways (Mt.Carroll, IL) these people can fix you up. Johnson Creek Hardwoods.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
Bump
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite