New storage cabinet - The Chisel Chest
Completed a new 7 drawer chest to store my Chisels and all of my marking and small hand tools.

This is part of a multipart set of projects. # 3 of 5. Number 5 is a new workbench, but my OCD mind created a series of steps to get there.

Here are a pictures and some of the drawers. If you are interested ( really bored ) there is a 87 picture build album on my web site http://mysaw.com/shop/shop-projects/2014-chisel-chest/

The drawer fronts are cherry given to me by a friend. So I just took what I had with the least waste and used it. This was the subject of my finishing questions using WaterLox. Lets just say I am investigating new finishing products for my next project. ( General Finishes ).

I really, really like this after using it for about 3 weeks.

Bartee ><>
mysaw.com/blog
Very nice, Bartee. I love organized storage, and I particularly like your chisel drawers. I need to finish putting dividers in mine. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hank
Neat and orderly. I like your containers for the pencils and the way you laid out your chisels.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Man, I love your OCD. I sooooo badly need to work on shop cabinets for my new shop. So if this is 3 of 5, and the bench is 5 of 5, what are the other 3 projects?

John
Awesome!

Y'all would cringe at how i store my chisels!

GREAT job! Functional and well built!
Nice
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
RoperJ said:

Man, I love your OCD. I sooooo badly need to work on shop cabinets for my new shop. So if this is 3 of 5, and the bench is 5 of 5, what are the other 3 projects?

John

OK.. you asked.. My big desire was to treat my planes better. They have been on top of the back cutoff bench.

Soooooo... I decided the planes needed to be on slanted rack style plane "til". That would be on the white tool wall.

So the stuff on the tool wall had to move. That would be all of the chisels and then some of the other tools.

So the place that was the natural place for the Chisel chest had 8 red plastic sorting boxes with all sort of bolt, screw, washers, jig parts.

So the place the red plastic boxes was full of hand power tools, which is where it all started with this http://mysaw.com/shop/shop-projects/2013...e-shelves/

The OCD is extensive and in many layers.

In the middle of all this, I rebuilt my router table fences and created a new table for my drill press.

I LOVE MY SHOP. I love thinking and making things. I love that there are no dead lines or project plans that are absolute. ( can you tell I spent 45 years in corporate America ).

Oh yea, in the past 3 days I have made a set of Corn Hole Boards for number 1 grandson.

OH yea... the FINAL step is a new workbench. I am sure in some of the 100's of pictures you will see 250 bd ft of 8/4 maple in the back ground. That is my wonderful new work bench.

Much more later... Thanks for reading
Bartee ><>
mysaw.com/blog
I dig it. Love seeing clean and organized shops.
Jeremy s said:

Y'all would cringe at how i store my chisels!

Correction: All Y'all would cringe at how i store my chisels!

Reason: Y'all is singular, All Y'all is plural

Richard
Raised in the south
You can take the boy out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the boy.