The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
I'm only a couple of hours up I-39. Let me know when the tours begin.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
Holy smokes Mike! Its about time.

Am i reading it right that you will be sharing your shop with other folks for teaching purposes?

Yes we will eventually have part in a loft.

My plan is to offer classes to kids and friends and doers on what I know and hopefully learn from them as well. We have some serious CNC router build knowledge here now and spreading into CNC mills as well.

Today we got vented overhangs, a roof and bubble wrap under it, the porch started, windows framed, and pedestrian doors framed. I got a free (freeebie in that cool voice) window upgrade because they forgot them on the semi last Thursday and Menards only had 4 windows in the 36X60 low E argon insulated. Also the porch trusses were for a 12X24 porch so we are getting a 12' porch ceiling depth as a freebie too. Will add to concrete now though. Also raising the porch a bit to account for space needed for the larger windows.

Here was 5:30pm on day 3 - They worked till 7pm again tonight.

I also just came in. Johnny and I got the gas line and two cat6 lines to existing shop in conduit and 90% buried.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Will it have AC? I can't really work in humidity...

Seriously, that is cool and I'm glad I am close enough to visit it some time.
That is AWESOME Mike! Congratulations!!!!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
That is so cool Mike, you have a big heart to help people man!!

Radiant heat floors so definitely ac i am guessing?

That's huge!! I just realized it's bigger than our house. Very nice
"We have a clear winner here...stevensondrive. Congratulations!"
Richard D.
Maybe AC sometime. I dont have it in my existing shop. I am at my limit financial wise in this deal so full insulation and AC are on bucket lists.

Noon Day 4

nice, but you know you'll fill it up and then wish you had built it bigger.

My 1200 sq ft shop looked huge when it was built and empty. Now that all my stuff is in it I could use another 400 sq ft easy.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark