The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
Cyclone Startup Test

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I decided to test out hooking the cyclone up to the mainline. Did not fire it up yet but closer.

BTW - to those that do BIG DCs high up without Nordfab and especially the high space HVAC guys- you are superheroes.

[Image: IMG_20170717_183304_zpsnxnxtbi6.jpg]

at this point why not just get 3 phase installed at your residence? :-)
5 years when planning Ameran electric wanted $9k for the three transformers alone. Three years ago when I went to 400amp service they said it would have been free but by then I had purchased all the stuff to do everything single phase. Even had this rpc then waiting on the build. At this point there is no reason to do 3ph untill I get a Haas or DMG MoriSeiki or waterjet. Maybe in the future.

If they will hook it up free get it.  Why have to worry about failures and maintenance of a system like yours if it isn't necessary
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob because its new meter base at shop, new incoming lines, new main lug fused 3ph panel, and new access. Also more per month base charge minimums. Its not a simple swap.

My system is simple by design and any maintenance is easily handled by me.

First off I got the noise under control. It helps when the impeller is spinning the correct direction.

I also wired in a 50' 6ga four conductor power wire. I think that cable is at least 50lbs by itself.

I also wanted to test it out. I closed off all but two 8" drops that I left fully open and dropped them down another 10' each. These go up to 16.5' to a 10" mainline.

I think it will work just fine
Wink . When I closed the lines to just one open 8" trunk, the suction force will pull your skin and eyebrows up with the hair lol.

I made short work of the chips I fed in from the other collector.  I will still have another Wye and some splitting off to 4 tools from here but it wont be an issue!

[Image: megandc1_zps6qqdgzpk.jpg]

Hey, it's just like a Flowbee on steroids if you guys remember this things. Apperently they still make them. I think they have some competition now though Mike.
Megan said "Awesome, our makerspace has a hair salon too!".

[Image: megandc2_zpsiqkrkasy.jpg]

Pretty daughter you got there....  you better buy a shotgun to keep the boys squared away; when they come to pick her up, just sit in your recliner cleaning your gun, they'll get the message....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis