The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
i have to say it agian- this has been an awesome thread to follow.
i do have a question for ya,mike:
with all the awesomeness youre putting into this, along with the movie screen and theater seating,
do ya have a popcorn machine?
Smile
(02-14-2018, 01:46 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Every 8' in each wall is a 6X6 (laminated treated to 6' above ground - stagger finger jointed to regular 2X6's above that) post buried 6' in the ground. All those at the top are connected on both sides by a 2X12. Those have 2X6's as wall girts on the outside attached to the posts  horizontally on the outside every 2'. The outside of that is skinned with the metal. Then horizontally between the posts, inside the posts, in the middle of the wall Girt, are Bookcased 2X6's that are kreg screwed to each wall girt top and bottom and kreg screwed (kinda toenailed) to each post. In between, at the 4' between the 8' posts, is a Center run 2X6, connecting each bookcased horizontal 2X6 to each other, from floor to the top of the 2X12 at the top. Then ALL the Inside gets skinned with double layers of 3/4" thick 7-ply Marine Grade plywood that is screwed into the posts and Center 2X6 and at least two of the horizontal Bookcased 2X6s. again that is skinned with 1.5" thick ply. Imagine the most elaborate Building torsion box you can think of and then double that.

Roof trusses are every 4. Those are braced by 12 runs of 2X4s and 2X6s. The ceiling and gable ends, including covering over all the attachment of the truss angles and the 1' over hangs are sprayed 3-4' of closed cell 2lb spray foam.

Add in about 6-7 miles of copper in various forms and gauges to tie it all together.

I don't think earthquakes are a huge threat in Mike's neighborhood either.  I did survive the 2008 Iowa earthquake though.  

I have nothing else of value to add to this.  i just like to see this on the first page every time I check in!
My Day Job
well, bye.
I have several small air poppers but currently am making popcorn on the stove with coconut oil. I have looked at the full machines several times. Recommend one?.

Thank you guys for the comments.

I got the scissor lift on thenorth west wall last night.

Also did you know ksun and epson make printers for labels that also print on heat shrink tubing. You buy their tubing in cartridges and it prints on it the cuts the tubing off however you design it.

Also got some 24x24x10 nema 4 steel enclosures for cnc controler controls.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Rest of west wall done this week. Also above garage door walls done. Move the flag!

[Image: IMG_20180317_140533_416_zps9uyukzzg.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20180317_135801_zpsh1ie4vml.jpg]

Just did a Two Day Mile!

In the last two days I pushed 5284 feet of plywood through my 10" table saw! Made 500 wall slats, 100 wall cleats, and 121 full siz solid rear wall panels. The entire total waste , from the 221 32.25"x48"x3/4" sheets of plywod, amounted to 921 1/4" or less strips or bevels and two ~40 gallon bags of sa w dust. Pu n the work!

(03-20-2018, 01:09 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Just did a Two Day Mile!

In the last two days I pushed 5284 feet of plywood through my 10" table saw! Made 500 wall slats, 100 wall cleats, and 121 full siz solid rear wall panels. The entire total waste , from the 221 32.25"x48"x3/4" sheets of plywod, amounted to  921 1/4" or less strips or bevels and two ~40 gallon bags of sa w dust. Pu n the work!

its about time ya get back to work- ive been jonesin for pics!
Winkgrin
hhhmm...no pics of said work..... isnt there sumthin about no pics or it didnt happen??
Big Grin
[quote pid='7603294' dateline='1521548418']

its about time ya get back to work- ive been jonesin for pics!
Winkgrin
hhhmm...no pics of said work..... isnt there sumthin about no pics or it didnt happen??
Big Grin
[/quote]

Let the poor guy at least grab a 20 minute nap man!!
Laugh 
Laugh

Dang that's a bunch of cuttin!!
Here are the slats

[Image: MVIMG_20180319_154342_zpsztapxlse.jpg]

Did this tonight with Sassy my 17mo pit bull terrier.

[Image: MVIMG_20180320_201546_zpsljuzarh8.jpg]

Cleats
[Image: MVIMG_20180320_221054_zpsyh3ui2je.jpg]

Wall panel backs
[Image: MVIMG_20180320_221203_zpstcpz4h2p.jpg]

Outlet holes cnc cut in slats for first 36 panels
[Image: MVIMG_20180320_221218_zpszsd03ago.jpg]

So are you close to being finished?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.