The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
(08-23-2018, 11:18 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Added F clamps/bessey tradesman clamps on another style clamp holder I drew up. Turns out the space between the parallels was just enough for these. The new racks also have room to store several clamps to drive up clamp density.

[Image: IMG_20180823_203853_zps66cbfpfg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180823_203921_zpsjey658ab.jpg]

Even better than before.  Nice use of space
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Put a ct22 vac and ultimate dust deputy ( tons of dust storage and easy to change from my crazy ladder or the lift) up in the rafters and used a 5m hose (16.5') to drop down over my bench. I then use a shortened 25' flexzilla hose reel as a hose retractor. That reel was $25 last year around Thanksgiving and is lousy as a hose reel but after shortening it by about 5' it works great as a hose retractor. The vac is on a wifi enabled outlet/remote that can be controlled with an echo dot and alexa, with my cell phone, or with the remote. I ran an extension cord along the hose too and it is on a separate circuit from the vac and from the other roboreel electrical reel . It gives me way more than 15' of movable vac hose and can reach the floor at the bench. I love the accessability and getting it up and out of the way when not in use.

[Image: IMG_20180829_224154_zpstbn68l3f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180829_224816_zpsd6kpr2qt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180829_224837_zpso77o0fc2.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Hell and I don't like changing light bulbs in the ceiling I can't imagine have to change vac bags up there
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-30-2018, 12:38 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Hell and I don't like changing light bulbs in the ceiling I can't imagine have to change vac bags up there

Heck on the lift it might be easier than changing a garbage can liner. You don't have to bend over. Even the ladder is pretty simple. That UDD probably holds at least 5 gallons of dust or better. That's a ton of sanding and tracksaw and domino work.

(08-29-2018, 11:22 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Put a ct22 vac and ultimate dust deputy ( tons of dust storage and easy to change from my crazy ladder or the lift) up in the rafters and used a 5m hose (16.5') to drop down over my bench. I then use a shortened 25' flexzilla hose reel as a hose retractor. That reel was $25 last year around Thanksgiving and is lousy as a hose reel but after shortening it by about 5' it works great as a hose retractor. The vac is on a wifi enabled outlet/remote that can be controlled with an echo dot and alexa, with my cell phone, or with the remote. I ran an extension cord along the hose too and it is on a separate circuit from the vac and from the other roboreel electrical reel .  It gives me way more than 15' of movable vac hose and can reach the floor at the bench. I love the accessability and getting it up and out of the way when not in use.

[Image: IMG_20180829_224154_zpstbn68l3f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180829_224816_zpsd6kpr2qt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180829_224837_zpso77o0fc2.jpg]

I love that. I kicked the idea around of doing something similar to get my vac and UDD off the floor, be decided it wasn't worth the hassle as it wouldn't be right over like yours but on the wall. Super smart to re-purpose the reel to retract it.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Thanks bro for the positive comment!!

Working out my SCMS station now.

Kickass setup Mike. It's really come together in the last year or so. It will always be a 'project' of course, but it looks like you could quite readily accommodate any sized project, up to and including a decent sized boat - which I've heard many say is about the "biggest darn thing you'd ever want to build inside a shop".

Would be awesome to have that much space. I don't see the finishing room yet though, or where you plan to put it? The size / location of the room may/ought to influence or be influenced by the finish types / application process I'd wager? LVLP/HVLP/etc.

The best i can do on my property is at most a 20x30 and it would be a massive architectural feat due to the hillside upon which I'd have to place it. likely 12-15' drop at the back and here in Austin, it's not simple dirt to excavate and place a pier or footing... likely ledge, which means that in order to get to just the 'slab' portion of your build, the costs would be in excess of what you've managed to put your structure together for... so, the garage it remains unless I win the lottery
Smile

Love the space though, in a word, Epic.

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I am taking a machining 101 class at the local cc this semester. Did some homework at home yesterday. Used the metal lathe on some tool steel.

https://youtu.be/9ytLsW6Kn0M

Don't grab chips with your hand. Bad habit to get into.
DAMHIKT.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
let the chips fall where they may.

I knew someone that would grab chips with pliers. The gearbox on my lathe is currently inop, so if I don't like how long a chip is getting, I vary the speed I'm moving the carriage. But they usually don't bother me much.

The speed you were going was driving me crazy, I usually go faster and more DOC. But there aren't any critics watching me in my shop.