The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
(02-18-2020, 02:18 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Welding area is coming together. Multiprocess Miller AC/DC 220 and Hypertherm 65 Plasma cutter. Rear wall is getting some steel skin behind table with cut outs for outlets. Steel is leftover from build.

gonna add an exhaust hood above the welding area?
Thanks for the positive comments.

The other CNC router machine is just a diy design based on some common cncrp parts requirements, 8020 3060 gantry, and a g540 based controller build. It got a water table.pan and I am working on it more. I have new z conversion and mechanical torch mount and going to run an auto torch height control on it for plasma with ohmic sensing.

The diode laser was a chinese overated 10watt diode blue laser. Just a cheap chinese one. Buddy gave it to me for free so I set it up. I recommend a better setup from jtech electronics. His are much nicer.

I think i have 3 or 4 of the standard 36"x8' pieces of polebarn steel. Ill come up with some design. Table is on casters so I can just angle the table out to middle of shop if I want.

The Siglent electronics components I learned about on Eevblog, the woodnet/SMC of the electronics forums. They are linux kernel based and hackable to the better models. They are each now several hundred more dollar machines with firmware changes. I LOVE the programmable power supply. Also the DMM is not hacked but SAWWEEETT! Love it too. The signal generator was not needed but cool to play with andvwsnted to get it and hack it before that option is taken away. The scope is now 4 channel 200Mhz with hack for the price of the 10Mhz. The pps is ##.### digits now with hack.

Yes actually I am actively looking for a fume extractor for the welding setup. They are big money so trying to get a sweet deal on a NICE one may take me a minute. I may DIY something too. If anyone sees one for a deal let me know.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

First two pieces up. Gotta love slat wall walls when hanging stuff!

looking good. thanks for answering my question and giving us updates.
Hope to weld on it tonight. Holes cut for outlets in steel, regulators installed and gas lines, Mig wire and torch installed and the Tig torch and foot pedal, the grounds, and moved the fire extinguisher to the left a bit.

Attached Files Image(s)

Got Megan MIG welding last week and fume extraction set up this past weekend.

(02-18-2020, 10:12 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: First two pieces up. Gotta love slat wall walls when hanging stuff!

Mike

I would make that at least 3' wider on both sides on the welding area. I know from experience that metal back ground is not enough and also think about a Mobil one for both sides to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I am getting my 5x5 plasma cnc almost done. Working on plumbing to router table now.

Also built a mobile chicken coup tractor and got chickens this year. Six golden comet pullets. They are now 9 weeks old or so. Coup is moved every two days or so with johnny.

I'm planning on building a narrow one, that will fit in the garden rows, about 28" wide.
I plan on using bigger wheels though....10-12" maybe. Probably have wheel barrow type handles on it.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-28-2020, 06:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I'm planning on building a narrow one, that will fit in the garden rows, about 28" wide.
I plan on using bigger wheels though....10-12" maybe. Probably have wheel barrow type handles on it.

Great idea, but you'll get tired of lugging that thing around  and the entire yard being torn up after a few months.