The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
Unique opportunity today. High tesion power poles are getting changed out next door. I let the crews use my access road. They are super happy with me. It was a slow clean up day. Talked to a gal who drives a big huge mountain size loader and she hooked me up with the boss. He had a track hoe guy help me move my mill into the new shed. After that five linemen the size of nfl linemen helped my Egyptian style roll it into place. Next tool to purchase, a real johnson bar like they have!!

They also cleaned out the back of my pond of willows and re terraced my back 4 acres with dirt. I bought the entire 25 man crew lunch. We get along great. Never underestimate the power of just being nice and buying folks a lunch. That pizza lunch saved me thousands of dollars in work today.

Crazy day!!

[Image: IMG_20180508_095721_zps88ujmi9l.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180508_101902_zpstv6bxj2q.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180508_122441_zpsbkd3y5a8.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180508_075014_zpsv0j9kc4n.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180507_155929_zpsjvxmuuyj.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Sounds like a great day.  I have to laugh seeing that mill on pipe.  I used to move machines just about everyday that way. Glad I did it because I learned plenty, glad I don't have to do it anymore not sure I could get it done the way we did
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-08-2018, 10:14 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Sounds like a great day.  I have to laugh seeing that mill on pipe.  I used to move machines just about everyday that way. Glad I did it because I learned plenty, glad I don't have to do it anymore not sure I could get it done the way we did

I was torn with getting it down off pipe or 4X4s once in place. Longer pipe would have been better for the turning in place. Also their Johnson bar is sooo much nicer than the home depot one!

(05-09-2018, 09:59 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I was torn with getting it down off pipe or 4X4s once in place. Longer pipe would have been better for the turning in place. Also their Johnson bar is sooo much nicer than the home depot one!

you will find the old good ones at auctions or the occasional estate sale.  I have one similar to this but a friend of mine has at least 2 of the older ones that he uses in his business probably daily.  He got them at a warehouse auction for next to nothing as most in attendance had no idea what they were and the older guys were past the days they wanted to use them

[Image: vestil-lifting-equipment-plb-s-5-64_1000.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

You must have one hell of a step up transformer to get 13800 volts for that mill. Mike you have one nice shop everyone just dreams about. Thanks for all the pictures of the progress. I enjoy watching the build.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
That bar looks awesome

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Hope at some point it documents a part of some build folks want to do themselves.

Grainger seems to have them in different lengths.  Starting about $175.00.

HTH
First fan is up

[Image: IMG_20180514_223717_zpsxvhiyp3c.jpg]

(05-09-2018, 10:43 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: That bar looks awesome

i should start my review of a new page from the top instead of the bottom. when i read this i thought,"now he put a bar in the shop!?!?!
Big Grin
(05-15-2018, 12:01 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: First fan is up

[Image: IMG_20180514_223717_zpsxvhiyp3c.jpg]

Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020