Strategy for hardware...........how to organize
Big Dave I gotta say that I like your shop. It looks like an inviting place to work. I hope to fix up my shop something like that someday.
Ray
EricU said:

where do those little storage boxes/trays come from?

I found them on Ebay when I bough the first set. A month, or so, ago I placed a custom order with the sizes I found I used most....

Dave

Thanks, Ray!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Cian said:

Somebody please give me a lead on a vintage library card file catalog.

Build the one in Tom Figden's book?
Could you guys call my wife and tell her that I don't have that much hardware?

In my work van I have the black and yellow Harbor Freight storage units. One each for
#8 screws
#6 screws
1/4" nuts and bolts
5/16" and up nuts and bolts
Tnuts and anchors

In the shop a couple of drawer units and a few more of the bins,
- shelf hardare
- door hardware
- bed hardware
- drawer hardware

The problem I have with the open bins are they would appear to be sawdust catchers.
packerguy® said:

[blockquote]Big Dave said:

You and Just_Dave been talkin'? He did the same thing a while back...

[/blockquote]
Hey what can I say? I saw a good idea and stole uhhhh borrowed it

Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Here's what I've got. If I can't sell it down in S&S then I'm going to use it. Not worth shipping.

It's nice, very portable (roll around) and holds a lot. Right now, I'd prefer to use the room for something else.

Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard