New Jersey Tall Case Clock
This a blending of several New Jersey tall case clocks (as requested by the customer) plus a little artistic license. It is made of Mahogany (solid and veneer), satinwood, holly, ebony, black dyed veneer, cherry (solid and veneer), curly maple and eastern white pine. The finish is lime and water, oil basted grain filler, yellow tinted shellac, super blond shellac. With the finals the clock measure 95 1/2" tall, 17 1/2" wide and 9 1/8" deep. The glass is the light restoration glass from Bendheim Glass, and the hardware came from Londonderry Brasses.
Rob Millard
www.americanfederalperiod.com

I always look forward to you posting new projects. No one does it better than you. Ken
Absolutely stunning, Rob. It would take me 10 years to learn all the techniques you use and another 10 to execute them as well. Superb.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
WOW, that is fabulous! I like the clock face. Where did you get the face and movement from? A tall clock is on my bucket list, but something simple more along the lines of what the Dominys made.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Wow!

I have two tall case clocks in my house now each reputedly worth multiple thousands - neither is near as pretty. All I can do is to quote Allan:
Quote:

Absolutely stunning, Rob. It would take me 10 years to learn all the techniques you use and another 10 to execute them as well. Superb.

--------------------
Still Learning,

Allan Hill

Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Jonathan S said:

WOW, that is fabulous! I like the clock face. Where did you get the face and movement from? A tall clock is on my bucket list, but something simple more along the lines of what the Dominys made.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thanks.

The face was painted by Martha Smallwood in Georgia. I did not have the movement during construction, but I was told it was from David Lindow, Clocks are my favorite projects; they have a commanding presences, and are high profit (not much material involved).
Rob Millard
www.americanfederalperiod.com
Truly stunning work.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece, Rob! Love the attention to detail!!!

Hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy!

Al
Blog: Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking

Frank Klausz, to The Schwarz (WIA 2010): "...If YOU guys keep doing what you’re doing, this thing is not gonna die..."
Antiques Roadshow, Year 2165:

”What you have here is a genuine Millard, built about 2015. You notice the craftsmanship--he was one of the finest cabinet makers of his era. His pieces don't come onto the market very often. They are usually kept within the family as cherished heirlooms…"
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
MsNomer said:

Antiques Roadshow, Year 2165:

”What you have here is a genuine Millard, built about 2015. You notice the craftsmanship--he was one of the finest cabinet makers of his era. His pieces don't come onto the market very often. They are usually kept within the family as cherished heirlooms…"

+1

I wanna be just like you when I grow up!
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."