Rocking horse plans
Need some help. I need ideas and plans for a rocking horse I would like to build for my granddaughter for Christmas. Any ideas, plans, and or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.
I saw a thread (I think on here) of a rocking horse that was made from Woodcraft plans. I made a note somewhere to buy the plans, but I have not done it yet.

I remember making the note, because I liked the style of the horse.

You might do a search here for the thread.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
I built one almost 10 years ago for my daughters 1st birthday. The plans are still available at Lee Valley. I modified things a bit by using 8/4 lumber, but the plans only call for 4/4.

I like this horse, too.

Look at the other thread I just bumped for the Rockler plan horse.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
I like this one:

Playroom Palomino Rocking Horse

My build:
Hope someone will come up with the old Bob Z story about a rocking horse build. Its legendary!
E
Thankyouthankyouverymuch.
Here is one I made years ago. I don't remember where I got the plans but I haven't seen them since. The ears are leather and the hair is yarn.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I built a couple of Norm's. Both were well received.

web page

" />
Better start building now for next year

I used the plans that our local Woodcraft sells, however I beefed up the body by using 4-5/4 material. Both were made with wood that had historical significance to the owners.

#1 Curly maple body and legs, maple rockers, walnut saddle, zebra wood reins and saddle straps, and mahogany mane and tail. The mahogany came from the recipients great grandfathers lake cabin

#2 Clear Douglas fir body and legs, maple rockers, walnut saddle, zebra wood reins and saddle straps, and mahogany mane and tail. The Douglas fir was recycled from the basement steps of the home the recipient lives in. The home belonged to his great grandmother.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
one style we make, a bit different from most. I don't remember where the plans came from, but all we have is Masonite pattern pieces now.

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop