Projects in Progress
Bump for Danny in Huston - he asked for the names of some WNs that were cranking out nice work.

Lonnie
I missed this the first time around.

Thanks for the bump.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
I am making this shadow box for a navy vet. Its walnut and Curly Maple. " /> " /> " /> I have two flag boxes to add with it.
This was my last project, the upper cabinet over the toilet in our guest bedroom. I completed it about six months ago, total hand tool project, no electrons involved, although I did purchase wood that was already dimensioned.

That's a nice looking cabinet. I need to build something like that for our master. Was that from a plan or from your head?

Btw, that's a weird looking coffee cup you have there.
I just matched the existing cabinets in the house, took a tape measure with my wife, we agreed on the dimensions, then I just built it from my head.

We made it tall to provide extra room for our four visiting daughters to squirrel away their stuff.
stav said:

Btw, that's a weird looking coffee cup you have there.

Reason #56 to use hand tools only - you can drink good wine while you work! I don't recommend this for using powered tools.