Projects in Progress
Well I won't say these doors are the hardest thing I have ever done but, they took awhile to get right. It was a trial and error method and in the process I lost my Hitachi M12 router when the slot cutter bit hung up on the router table fence and took out speed controller But they should really look good installed. Now to those few folks who can do this stuff right the very first time my hat is off to you !!! I am not in that category "if you want to make a omelet you gotta break a few eggs" lucky I have some extra walnut laying around for such times.

Quote:

Well I won't say these doors are the hardest thing I have ever done but, they took awhile to get right.

Yup. Carving out the corners of the arch in the raised panels is *tedious*, to say the least.

Those really look fantastic!
~Dan.
That is coming out great at some point I need to build something like that for my woodcarvings.
I like the lines on this cabinet it looks great!!
Nice, and congrats on the find at HD...
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Well, since the weather cooled off here, we had to pack it in for the winter, but not before making some good progress on the grandfather clock project. My son is doing his on Mahogany and mine in Walnut. We have figured out that all the moulding's may be the most frustrating.

The other project off to the left is a spice box on frame. Plan from Olde Mill, gene Landon. Also in walnut.

John
Looks nice John. How about some pictures of the inside of the spice box?

Lonnie (Mr Eddie)
Here you go.

John
Beautiful John. I don't think I've really looked at one before. I'll bet you're pretty good at dovetailing drawers!
I love Grandfather clocks I have started one but it has been a long time but I want to finish it one of these days. Your are looking great!