Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts
I guess Im next. No notations about waiting til the 25th and my curiosity about the heft of this box got the best of me.

" />

Inside I found:

A copy of my SS favorite old woodworking text book, a couple large pieces of 8/4 Padauk, a few large pieces of leather and the smallest but my favorite part, an awl with applewood handle turned from my SS own yard!

Great gifts and a big thank you to my SS who chose to remain anonymous. These will all be useful in the shop. Now to make up a holder and get the awl in the tool chest with the resr of my marking tools!
~ Chris
Skip J. said:

When I saw that pecan.... I immediately thought it was gonna be Steve... excellent craftsmanship!

Yeah, I figured there was no point in trying to conceal my identity on that one.

Dave, I'm glad you like them!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Bibliophile 13 said:

Dave, I'm glad you like them!

Oh yeah!

Thanks again, Steve!!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Here is my secret Santa gift for this year. I opened it way early, 'cause I thought I was buying it for myself. My secret Santa contacted the seller on S&S after I said I would buy it. So he got me just what I wanted and pleasantly surprised me at the same time. So thank you Secret Santa.

Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.

Some of these WN guys are kinda sneaky...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Secret Santa Stalking for the Win!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
In a good way! Merry Christmas every one.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Posted my SS pics in the arrival thread -- was completely taken by surprise.
Dogs Understand Why We Ride

I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

A Nation Of Sheep Breeds An Administration Of Wolves

Leave a good footprint -- you may only pass that way once.

PRAYERS FOR EVERYONE

Well, I made it to Christmas Eve morning, but could not wait any longer. Momma said I could open one gift (to get me out of her hair, I think), so I grabbed the one from Lee Valley. Look what was in it!

Everything I need to get started on sharpening the big pile of saws that stare at me every time I walk into the shop:

Thanks Santa! It is just what I wished for!
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
My heavy package arrived from Texas with a nice note from Santa. Inside was a 3-volume boxed set from Taunton Press - The Complete Illustrated Guide to Woodworking. The three hardcover books are Joinery, Shaping Wood and Furniture & Cabinet Construction. Lots of good reading. Thanks to my Secret Santa. Merry Christmas Everyone Tom Wiarda