Orkin Troubles
So, I got this Orkin Pest Control guy that comes every 3 months. I try to make sure I am at home (without kids) when he comes, so he can spray under the sinks too. He calls me on Monday at 2:43pm from his cell to say he will be out the next day (Tuesday) for service. I call his cell back on that Monday at 6:31pm and left a voicemail to don't come and to postpone until early March cause I can't be at home during the day until then.

Well.... He came anyway on Tuesday. I called the office number that night at 4:45pm and said to either remove the charge or reduce the charge (since he didn't get the inside) and got a "You need your quarterly service and I can't do that and the service guy will call me back about this."

I have tried calling the service guy and he hasn't called me back. He is normally prompt when I call him.

Thinking about lodging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Will try again to work it out with them, but my patience is getting thin.
WoodTinker
Why would you sign up for this service and then not be home during regular business hours for months on end? Maybe what you need with your busy schedule is to DIY instead of blaming others?

Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
We used Orkin for a pest problem starting in 2013. The deal was a treatment program lasting for 12 months, which was guaranteed to solve the pest problem or money back.

The program completely got rid of any and all pests.

But, not the service guy, who kept coming every other month.

I finally told him we did not need/want further service and had him write Final Visit on the invoice.

Two months later another serviceman calls announcing his arrival time for the next day. I mentioned the Final Visit notation and he said he had to follow orders and I needed to call the office.

That call was nasty, the lady was rude and obnoxious and only agreed to cancel when I said I would call the police if the service guy showed up.

Several days later a man called, all contrite and worried the company had done something wrong for me to cancel.

I explained they had solved my problem and I saw no need for them to keep treating, since we had no visible pest problem left(still have glue traps in previously affected areas).

He seemed surprised, but agreed.

Good service, but terrible CS. Threaten to cancel and be prepared to follow through.
Woodenfish said:

Why would you sign up for this service and then not be home during regular business hours for months on end? Maybe what you need with your busy schedule is to DIY instead of blaming others?

Was able to work from home 2 days a week. That was recently halted after one of my work's servers was hacked. I do not know exactly when I will be able to telecommute again. Early March seemed a reasonable time for telework to resume.
WoodTinker
From their perspective:

You signed a contract for quarterly treatment. They are convinced (whether that is scientific or financial...) that their treatment is effective when applied quarterly. They showed up to apply that quarterly treatment.

I do agree that they should reduce the cost of the treatment...even if only by 10-15% since they did not treat inside. Just seems like good business practice (as does returning phone calls!).
From what you have said this seems pretty straight forward. You have a contract. You breached, you pay. If they breached, they would have to pay. That's the purpose of the contract.

It seems you are in a lose/lose situation. By not fulfilling your portion of the contract you will still be obligated to pay. By not fulfilling your obligation of the contract they will not have to honor their warranty.

Good luck and I hope you are able to solve this issue to your satisfaction.
Way to revive an old thread.
Good time for a followup.

Still have no new problems from bugs.

Have had the service guy call three times. Last time he asked(politely) if I would tell him why I stopped service. I told him the company did shady(not illegal, just lots of small print crap and lied verbally) tricks.

He offered a custom plan for just me(and not associated with the office).

To me, that was worse and I told him so.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/?utm_s...iy+pest+control

BrianB_in_WV said:

Way to revive an old thread.

Sorry, I was just enjoying some of the old threads and became absorbed.