This year's Christmas gifts
I started on this year's Christmas gifts in September. The reason was that I wanted to make the campaign stool for my grand daughter and I have never worked with leather and rivets. I also wanted to make some keepsake boxes from Woodsmith but I have never veneered or done strip inlay before. Here is the booty:

" />

The stool came out better than I anticipated thanks to the help from Mike Brady and other Woodnetters. Dyeing the leather was a bit messy but all is well that ends well.

" />

I made some brushes for three daughters and the Warden. Pretty normal turning. The only problem was reverse chucking and hollowing the handle to get the disk to fit on the end.

" />

Finally the six boxes. Each is from a different wood. Each veneer is different as well. I veneered 1/4" MDF on both sides, the outside has decorative inlay, and the inside holly. The inlay strips outside each decorative veneer are all different as well:

" />

I used holly veneer on the inside and then transfer printed pictures of each daughter when they were young. For the Warden, I used a picture of her before she grew horns and a
pointed tail

" />

Other than a few pens that I turned and have already wrapped, I am relatively happy with the way things turned out. Hopefully the daughter's wont use the boxes to store used socks.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Nice looking projects Joe
Shop made gifts are special
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Great stuff!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Joe,
They all look beautiful! What awesome gifts! I know they will be well received and treasured by their recipients
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Beautiful!
The recipients will be stunned and grateful, I'm sure. Nothing better than a gift you made with thoughts of family.
I made my daughter a jewelry box last year, and all she wanted to do was to water her chia pet.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Can't think of a better way to use those woodworking skills. Really nice job on those gifts, you always come up with some cool stuff at xmas.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Love the boxes. The chair, what use will it get? Horsey girl? I thought the brushes were shaving brushes, which would make the Ladies some rough ones if they have full beards
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Great gobs of fire! Those are some really fine projects. Well Done Sir!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
My grand daughter who is 8 paints using an easel that I made her last year. Whenever she goes out to the woods with her Mom & Dad, she brings the easel which folds, and spends hours painting. I figured the stool would come in handy.

As far as the brushes go, they are very soft sable. Not being a girl myself, I figured they would use them for something that only girls know????
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
The boxes are beautiful Joe. The maple is my favorite.

Merry Christmas.
Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge