Looking for good screwdrivers
Chris Schwarz recommends the Grace gunsmith-style screwdrivers, available at Lee Valley and Tools for Working Wood. But I see that Lee Valley sells another set of screwdrivers that it calls "Woodworkers' Parallel-Tip Screwdrivers." Is anyone familiar with these screwdrivers? Is one brand better than the other?
IMO you can't beat Grace screwdrivers. Places other the LV also sell them if you want to do price comparision.
Grace screwdrivers are very good but Felo also makes a good screwdriver set and it is available on sale at Rockler online right now for $19.99

The LINK

Happy Shopping
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Gunsmith screwdrivers can't be beaten..I have two sets of Chapman's and can testify to their quality...they are all hollow ground to prevent slipping...which can ruin an expensive gun...I have used them many years.

http://www.amazon.com/Chapman-9600-Start...B0002S7YBI
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Grace Tools are made in the USA - Elk Rapids, Michigan - not far from where I spent a lot of time in my youth.

Grace Tools

You can buy them from these places

Brownells
Garrett Wade
Lee Valley Tools
Rutlands Ltd - England
The Best Things
Tools for Working Wood
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
overland said:

Chris Schwarz recommends the Grace gunsmith-style screwdrivers, available at Lee Valley and Tools for Working Wood. But I see that Lee Valley sells another set of screwdrivers that it calls "Woodworkers' Parallel-Tip Screwdrivers." Is anyone familiar with these screwdrivers? Is one brand better than the other?

I have the other brand of screwdrivers from LV, and they work just fine.
Skip

LV also carries these Japanese Screwdrivers you may want to take a look at. They claim those are their best screw drivers.

Tools From Japan carries some Screwdrivers as well. I was impressed when I read their description having soft tips conforming to the screw sockets and never slip...

I am considering ordering some of those and some from LV.
For general use you can't beat the price on those Rockler screwdrivers. But the set includes only flat and Phillips tips.
This Wera set is the best set I've owned, including Grace Brothers and Chapman. They are the most comfortable to use, and the laser etching on the flat tips makes them grip nicely. Available at Woodcraft.

Still Learning,

Allan Hill
LIL. I have the Grace and really like them. Friends who understand tools often comment on the high quality.

FWIW "The Best Things" carried the most complete line of these screwdrivers when I was buying.