I thought everyone would love to have one
Bob sells vacuum chucks at a really great price and all you have to do is put a few things together.

http://www.frugalvacuumchuck.com/

He is an wonderful guy and makes great stuff and I thought everyone would like to know where to buy it hundreds cheaper.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
We have one at our woodturnig workshop and at least three members with them. They work very well. We rebuilt a one that was low ( pretty easy to do). It pulled over 26 inches. I have a Gast that I paid $450 for before these became available. A real plus is because they are piston driven is they will hold vacuum for about 10 seconds even with the power shut off. I have seen Bobs Demo twice and he is a great person with a desire to just help others enjoy turning.
Member Illiana Woodturners South Holland, Illinois
Arlin Eastman said:

Bob sells vacuum chucks at a really great price and all you have to do is put a few things together.

http://www.frugalvacuumchuck.com/

He is an wonderful guy and makes great stuff and I thought everyone would like to know where to buy it hundreds cheaper.

Arlin

Thanks Arlin
I already have a vacuum pump, one I built with a Joe woodworker kit. Recently I bought a venturi set up I'm going to dedicate to the lathe and I can make the chucks basically from what I have on hand.
Steve K

Thanks so much for the post, I've been borderline on getting a Vac setup and it looks like if I'm going to do it this is the way to go.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
I did it and purchased, a couple of questions answered by Bob were helpfull. My unit is on the way and will be most welcomed.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Yah he is a swell guy.

Glad I could help.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

A bump and a couple of questions:
1) Does anyone have any recent experience with this vendor? Somehow, I missed seeing them in the Pittsburgh vendors area.

2) What is the difference between the "Parts Kit" included with the Frugal and Better and the "Small Parts Kit" included with the Best?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Now all he sells is the good and best pumps. I bought mine from him and we still send emails back and forth and he is a great guy.

For me he even put everything together including the upright boards and hoses and all I had to do is flip the switch.

It is a wonder to use but I do not know how to make a smaller chuck. He makes them for all sizes of headstocks and you will have to tell him what lathe you have.

For the muffler I packed a white rage into the pvc and then put end caps onto the pvc but drilled a 1" hole to let the exhaust escape.

You can ask him any questions you wish and he always has time to answer.

Arlin