Another clip, Mounting Bowl Blanks
Another clip from me, and more to come...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHkkws9lWA

robo hippy
Very good video thanks.
thanks for the ideas. I Will have to try a forstner bit to cut receses. What speed is your dp running at for that?
I had to go check, but according to the chart on my press, it is at 1450 rpm. That seems a bit fast to me. For sure, with a 2 5/8 inch diameter bit, you do not want to run at highest speed possible. There is some slip in the belt so if it catches, it generally stalls the bit. For sure, keep the bits sharp, and watch your feed rate as in don't just power it down into the wood.

robo hippy
up
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
2beast said:

up

Even quicker.

Neat thing about it is the support you get on Turn,Dry,Turn pieces. Run the Forstner down the AUTOMATICALLY centered hole of the dry piece, and turn as you did wet.

Adds a chuck to your outfit for 70 bux, and you won't have to change jaws!

Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Don't have to change jaws, true. Still have to change chucks though. No real time savings.

robo hippy
I do almost all my forstner bit drilling on the lathe and never go over 500 depending on the size. The bigger the size the slower I go. A 3" I will go to 250rpm

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wood has a nice speed chart download. Arlin's right, you shouldn't be going over 250rpm on any bit over 2" into hardwood.

RH, great video. thanks.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Thanks for the chart! Just what I need

Michael