Just a Classic bit of Walnut and Madrone
Yes, I am still alive. Barely. I recently had a chance to finish a couple of handles I started many moons ago..As I have been catching up I try to throw one in the mix from time to time.
The first is just a 10" Walnut of what I came to call the "A" series or Classic series. Simple lines , beveled semi gloss spine, and, yes, a rectangular plate. 38* hang. 15ppi. 0* fleam. No frills no thrills. Boring but functional.

The next one was blanked out almost 2 years ago. So a slightly different style than I use now. Double loop in Madrone Burl ( Thanks Dave ), 9ppi x cut. Black Mother of Pearl inlaid saw fasteners. Triple pierced plate. This one might be a keeper.

Lastly a simple one in Sapele. Same filing as the Madrone but with a 5* higher hang.

Ok. So back to the dungeon I go.
BontzSawWorks.net
Wow, that half back is spectacular! I must admit I don't care for the toe on the dovetail spine, but the handle is as nice as they come. Thanks for showing us!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Ron

That is a wonderful piece of work there.

Anyone having one of your saws is a blessed guy for sure.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Having to take them out of their glass fronted display case, carry them out to the shop and then polish the fingerprints off before returning them to their cases could get tiresome. Very beautiful saws Ron.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

The madrone handle is simply spectacular. Madrone is a very beautiful wood, but can be a challenge to work with due to its high shrinkage rates. Nice work!
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Beautiful saws.
I doubt that the details could be any more crisp. Especially like the Madrone Burl.

Eric.
Ron, your saws are never boring.

Beautiful, as usual.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Ron B and Issac S. are two sick individuals with twisted minds. The only difference between them and average serial killers is that they kill you with the beauty of their saws... No frills no thrills...

( Take that as a compliment! )
Skewdge said:

Ron B and Issac S. are two sick individuals with twisted minds. The only difference between them and average serial killers is that they kill you with the beauty of their saws... No frills no thrills...

( Take that as a compliment! )

Thank you. (I think )
BontzSawWorks.net
Martin S. said:

Ron, your saws are never boring.

Beautiful, as usual.

+ 1 ............ Defiantly not boring to me, beautiful saw and saws.

Steve