My biggest WW project ever
Very nice!

BTW how do you like the van?
Peter

My "day job"
Back in the 70s, I took a shot at "converting" a cargo van. The dream ended with the installation of a school bus seat along with seat belts.

Please, please continue with your build along. I've enjoyed this post immensely.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Gracious. Just thinking about the "process" makes my head hurt. Lookin great. What's the next step? Are you on hold until the windows arrive?
Have you chosen a color for the shag carpet?

Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
OH MAN....err WOMAN! What great work, you've given me camper envy.
Bill
Peter, I love the van itself. This van--at least this body--has been very popular in Europe for nearly 10 years. It is the base vehicle for 2/3 of European camper vans. (The American version has the RAM truck drive train.) I fell in love with the first one I saw in NZ in 2008.

Fuel (gas) mileage varies with the wind around 17-21mpg. I only feel the wind, though, when I'm directly behind a big truck. Minimal buffeting otherwise. 40' turn radius much better than my regular cab Tundra. Shorter than the truck, too, at less than 18'. It is a bit over 6' wide, which allows crosswise sleeping. Driving that extra width was easy to get used to. It is front wheel drive, so lower cargo floor than other vans.

6270, the "shag" will be Marmoleum Willow (linoleum).

Installing that will be the next major step. I had hoped to finish the van before we head to Europe in late April so it would be ready for a trip to the mountains when we return, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. I can only hope to have it livable. Everything is taking longer than anticipated and then there's the weather and researching the Europe trip.

One day while I was working on this van, a man dropped in and out-of-the-blue bought our 1976 Vanagon. Some good times in that old girl--I hope to replicate that simplicity and open feel. I do hope that this van will be more reliable.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
packerguy® said:

This is going to be an enjoyable thread to follow.......

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Looking good so far.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
LIL. Nice job so far and keep us posted. One comment is to not ignore ventilation or something to keep air moving. Having had a van decades ago and camping in it, the air, got pretty "sticky" at times.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
This is looking really good.

Are you able to stand in it?
I've been wanting to build my own camper for a few years now. This approach is one option I've been considering.
Keep us updated! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas