My biggest WW project ever
Wow, there's some real clever and well executed ideas here. Again... Wow!
Here's an example of how those crazy ideas germinate:

The space for the sink got crowded by the monstrous fridge stand. I needed a way to mock up the sink. I remembered some stool bases we got at an auction years ago. They stack, but I needed the full height of the two, so I turned one upside down. Voila!! That angle on front is what I need for clearance in front of the swiveled driver's seat.

I might not have conceived this solution any other way. Serendipity is a wonderful thing.

Now to the toilet:

We (I) only need a toilet for middle-of-the-night and morning. I originally was going to build an ottoman/toilet/footrest, but decided it would be in the way. I wanted something that would disappear during the day.

Start with a folding stool. There are two of these that we use for eating and changing boots. They are 18" tall and fold to about 1" thick and store next to the bed.

Turn it upside down and bring on the plastic paint bucket and a heavy-duty 13-gal trash bag:

Grab the seat out of the drawer. It has fittings that snap onto the rail of the stool.

Pull the bag up over the seat and it's ready for use.

Between uses, just fold the bag over. I've never smelled anything:

In the morning, take the bucket to the outhouse, empty and dispose of bag.

If there is no trash receptacle, the bag can be folded in on itself and carefully stashed.

Because the seat was never exposed to the "elements," it goes right back into the drawer.

I have used this now for several weeks with great satisfaction.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
This is a thoroughly enjoyable thread to follow! Only thing I'm kinda nervous about is storing the toilet seat with some of your clothes. Theoretically, it should remain clean, but still...
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It may not always live in that drawer.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

Looks like it has been way too long since I updated, so here goes:

First, those wooden corners for the window surrounds were elegant, but no go. Too heavy and too difficult to attach in a non-permanent manner, so I have other ideas there.

Now to the "kitchen." The internal structure is this monstrous metal stand for the fridge which had to be built around.

Essentially, I cut "boards" from BB, forstnered holes for the existing bolts, then bolted them on. These then became my wooden framework I could screw to.

The fridge needed vent holes in the front panel. It also vents toward the end of the counter where stools, the potty seat and some spray bottles reside.

I was planning a sink, but one day I thought, "In all our years of camping, I've never wished I had a sink." So instead of plumbing a sink, I used a 6" steam table tray and had room for a microwave, which fits without 1/8" to spare.

The 18th and last drawer under the "sink" epitomizes my urge to use every 1/2".

The counter is BB. Two full layers of 1/2" plus a thinner fill-in layer banded by 3/4". A real Rube Goldberg screwed, not glued, so I could adjust as I went along.

The fridge is nestled in a bed of insulation to enhance its efficiency and finish it out.

The fridge lid has butler tray hinges that were quite a chore to inlay. They are supposed to hold the lid vertical, but don't work well.

With the lids. See my concurrent "I Can Cry" thread for lid travails.

Next, mosquito screens.
Carolyn

Looks good, nice job scribing and fitting to the van. I too screw most things together, cars and boats have a habit of shaking themselves apart.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I wanted mosquito screens on the slider which would also add some rain protection. I started with good-quality magnetic screens from Amazon and added tent fabric to the sides. It is held along the inside top and under the floor with Velcro, then passes over the rubber seal to the exterior, where it is held with magnets. It does not interfere with operation of the door. I forgot and left it in place when we washed the van at the car wash, and there was no leakage around it.

The rear screen is still prototype, but is working well. It started as the same magic screen, but I removed magnets to use on the side screen and replaced them with a ribbon down the middle. I turned it on its side and added tent fabric top and bottom. It attaches with Velcro inside above the door. Its bottom edge tucks under the mattress. The sides will eventually be tent fabric with magnets similar to the side screen. I made a simple curtain for the aisle. This way the storage under the rear of the bed can be accessed without disturbing the screen.

We are presently in New Hampshire headed for Canada. Next week, we will meet three other guys who have converted this same van.
Carolyn

Wonderful and imaginative as usual. I know there is a ton of work in that.

Have you any idea how much weight you have added? Just curious. I don't think you are even close to max weight.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
LOML estimates 5-700 pounds. Certainly less than 1,000 even loaded for a trip. Capacity is 3,850. I'm planning to weigh it soon.

Heaviest items are fridge and 100AH AGM battery--about 65-70 lb apiece. The next task is to add a second battery so the microwave can be comfortably used without running the engine.

I have not worried about weight during construction. It is so obviously less than most conversions. For example, I gave myself the luxury of half-inch flush drawer bottoms so nothing can get caught underneath.
Carolyn

Great job Carolyn, where in Canada are you heading for?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member