large cherry salad bowl
Dom
I bet she was super happy with the bowl. I have a small canary wood bowl that I am doing and after reading about your finishing, decided to give it a try. I didn't have any spar varnish so used wipe on poly, seemed to be okay. I wet sanded from 220-600 gr and the bowl is as smooth as glass. I checked locally for Watco Danish oil and found there are different types. What type did you use? The wet sanding sure brought out the grain in the wood. I have the Beal system for buffing. Thanks and again beautiful job on that bowl.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Call an old school curmudgeon, but I don't think bowls get any better than this one. I love everything about it.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
TomFromStLouis said:

Call an old school curmudgeon, but I don't think bowls get any better than this one. I love everything about it.

I guess I fit that description too Tom. It's beautiful and thanks for sharing your sanding and finishing techniques.

Oh, almost forgot. Thanks for teaching me a new word...Swarf!

Frank
Frank
Bump for BB.

Great bowl!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
First

I envy you guys with the big cherry trees and wish I had two big ones laying in my yard waiting for me to make things out of.

Second

You did a fine job on the bowl. It seems even if cherry does not have figure it always looks nice.

Someday I will travel out that way and steal all the cherry trees.

Arlin

Cripes got me again with another bump.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.