A couple of saws in Thuya burl
Very nice!

Also called Citron Burl. Here's some additional info on the species...

Apparently the burl of Tetraclinis articulata grows underneath the ground.

This tree is capable of resprouting from the roots after fire or severe browsing, and apparently this mechanism for resprouting causes the burl formation.
That's gorgeous stuff.

Glad to see you around here. It's been a while.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
That big bent burl has a face that looks like ET. This stuff is alien poop
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Wow.....!!!

Freakin' WOW!!!!

darn fine work Issac!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
That's not just a saw. That's Art! With a capital "A". Amazing!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Isaac

It seems the guy picked out the perfect wood for your wonderful saws.

Great work.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks, everyone.

eg54string said:

Beautiful for sure. I like how the end grain flows with the face grain.

Not having to think of grain direction also makes layout a lot easier.

Steve Friedman said:

What about adding panel saws to the mix and finding a reasonable way to taper grind them?

I'd love to. The one I made (no taper grinding) was a lot of fun, but I just have way too many other things going on now to dedicate much time to learning how to grind blades.

Bibliophile 13 said:

That's gorgeous stuff.

Glad to see you around here. It's been a while.

I still check in most days. Life's just been too upside down lately to participate much.

Mountainwood, It's an interesting tree. It's easy to see why the burl is so expensive.
Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
I only use thuya burl for pens, myself, as it's rather expensive. That stuff really gums up the sandpaper for sure, like bocote. great looking stuff when it gets finished.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
In addition to what everyone has said about the beauty of Issac saws particularly this one, I love the bronze saw nuts. It goes nicely with that type of wood and color.
Isaac, Simply beautiful! You've really set the bar high for all other saw makers!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com