Sharpening carbide saw blades
Can it be done, or do I just need a new blade? I would rather send them to someone who knows how if it can be done.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Scott Whiting is my guy

623 931 0633

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I've used Bullsharp and Dynamic Saw .....both excellent, they do router bits, carbide forstner bits and all manner of cutters.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
+1 for Scott

Been sending all my sharpening need to him since 1999.

I also buy my shaper cutters and saw blades from him.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I bought the saw sharpener from HF. Works pretty good for a cheap price. I got it for $40 - sale and coupon. I have sharpened about 12 blades I think. I don't think it's as good as a pro but they are pretty good. And I can do them more often rather then waiting until they are too dull.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
JGrout said:

Scott Whiting is my guy

623 931 0633

Joe

+1

He did my saw blades and now has three sets of planer blades of mine.
Semper fi,
Brad

I have a local guy who does mine and forstner bits as well. I have heard a lot of good things about Scott.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have been touching them up with an EZlap diamond hone before they get too dull...works very well....
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I use Dynamic Saw, too. They are local to me, have amazing German equipment, and know how to use it. Whatever you do, do not try to sharpen a carbide tipped TS blade yourself because you can't come close to what a $500K+ machine can do. It costs maybe $15 to get a blade sharpened by a pro shop.

John
jteneyck said:

I use Dynamic Saw, too. They are local to me, have amazing German equipment, and know how to use it. Whatever you do, do not try to sharpen a carbide tipped TS blade yourself because you can't come close to what a $500K+ machine can do. It costs maybe $15 to get a blade sharpened by a pro shop.

John

Zactly why I get my local guy to do my sharpening. He is an older man, you could eat off his shop floor. Always a good chat every time I go there.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member