Another DW618 router bites the dust - followup
My Dewalt 618 magnet ring broke after 4 years of use almost to the date! I am going to try and fix it for a back up to the Porter Cable I ordered. Wish me luck!!
Not to argue but I had a problem with a Dewalt tool sent off an email and got a response.  I responded to it with a phone number and asked they call to discuss the issue.  CS called we spoke about it and about 3 weeks later a newer better model showed up on the porch.  Similar results with them on other machines.  I am persistent and stay pleasant because becoming angry with someone that only has to hang up a phone to end an argument rarely gets the result I am looking for.  If one call or email doesn't get it done try again
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

RIP Routerman. Miss ya Pat buddy.

Update I guess fromme to then on this dated thread:

All my 618s are still running great and still have only the one with the mag speed disc issue and even it runs great at full speed.

I have added a 611 2-base kit to the mix and have plunged easilly 1-2000 v-bit holes with it and its still super smooth running and plunge base action.

I am still a fan and will still pay $68 for that serviced motor lol.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-26-2018, 09:46 PM)DebbieD Wrote: My Dewalt 618 magnet ring broke after 4 years of use almost to the date!  I am going to try and fix it for a back up to the Porter Cable I ordered.  Wish me luck!!

One option to fix it might be to bypass the switch completely and run it off a HF variable speed router controller.  That's what I do with a Hitachi that the VS control quite on, and it works just fine.  The HF controller cost about $20.  

John
(01-27-2018, 10:14 AM)jteneyck Wrote: One option to fix it might be to bypass the switch completely and run it off a HF variable speed router controller.  That's what I do with a Hitachi that the VS control quite on, and it works just fine.  The HF controller cost about $20.  

John

That's what I did with a P-C 8529 where the variable speed module died. The external variable speed gadget works better than I expected it to, it's just kind of awkward having an extra box and two cords instead of one.
(01-27-2018, 06:34 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: RIP Routerman. Miss ya Pat buddy.

Yep. Same here. RIP Pat
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020