Gutter Guards
  Re: Gutter Guards by Gui (I'm sure this has be...)
My brother, against my advice installed gutter guards on his rancher surrounded by trees. My advice to him was to hire someone twice a year to clean his gutters. Instead he spent $5000, for the guards . As others have stated in heavy rain the water just overflows, defeating the purpose of the gutters.
  Re: Re: Gutter Guards by mbw (My brother, against ...)
Broken record time---- These!! can be cleaned by spraying off a couple times a year(LOTS faster/easier than cleaning the gutters), work even when partially clogged in heavy rain, and keep out everything but dirt--including maple seeds, oak floss, sycamore floss, and cottonwood floaters.

I had "Leaf Relief" brand installed with a new roof.
Works pretty good.
I was told the leaves would BLOW away with a wind
after they dried. Not effective like that but are easily
removed with my blower
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted- then used against you.
I have Leaf Guard Gutters and they live up to what they claim--never needs cleaning.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
  Re: Re: Gutter Guards by Herb (I have Leaf Guard Gu...)
We have pine trees. Nothing works for pine needles. Nothing.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
  Re: Re: Gutter Guards by Terry W (We have pine trees. ...)
When I had my seamless guttering installed they told me I had the option of standard downspouts or a larger downspout. I opted for the large. It's been four years and I think I had one downspout partially clog. In four years I think I have inspected my gutters twice and have had very little to remove. I flush whatever there is down down the gutter to the downspout with a hose. Any sticks I have to pick out. No gutter guards for me. I asked my gutter installer about guards, he said he didn't recommend them. Of course if your gutter man sells guards I'm sure his answer would be different. Also I have lots of trees.
  Re: Re: Gutter Guards by Herb (I have Leaf Guard Gu...)
Herb said:

I have Leaf Guard Gutters and they live up to what they claim--never needs cleaning.

Had leaf guards installed a month ago - had several down pours since with no overflow at all. Very impressed so far.

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
  Re: Re: Gutter Guards by Bit_Fiddler ([blockquote]Herb sai...)
A nephew who will work cheap to clean them out as needed.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
I am a huge fan of the Slim Guard gutter protector product.

I installed them myself after having my house resided (Hardiplank), new windows (Marvin Infinity) and new gutters installed. I think the Slim Guard materials may have cost me $250, but I cannot recall exactly.

Once you get the hang of it, it goes fast. All you need is access to the gutters and a pair of scissors. That really is it.

They have been up in my gutters for 2.5 years and the water continues to flow beautifully.

Previously, I had to clean my gutters multiple times per year. I live in VA near DC. Lots of trees, lots of storms, lots of junk falling all the time.

Check them out. I looked at dozens of systems before selecting this one. I had about 130 ft of gutters to protect.
sleepy hollow

Re: Re: Gutter Guards by sleepy hollow (I am a huge fan of t...)
I have Smart Screen gutter guards. Very happy with them and highly recomend them. I have had them on my house for 9 years now.

There are a lot of brands/types out there it can be very hard to make a decision.

http://www.thesmartscreen.com/home/index.php