A VERY long term project
OK, I'm in. I would love to go back to France and I'd give you 12 hrs. a day (minus lunch and a nap) for two weeks. I'm no good at plumbing and weak on electrical, but even at 70 I am teachable.

France is one of our favorite places. I do enjoy "projects".

Well I do wish you luck. Working on a 60, 70, or older house in the states is a challenge; doubt I have any concept of what you will experience.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
How old is it? Over here we think 50 and 60 year old places are older. Looks like some work, but it is indeed a project

Where is the shop building in relation to this?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
So when are you starting the roof? Keep everything you fix inside dry
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

jteneyck said:

Now that is a project ! Every skill will be required to pull that off, but judging by your prior postings you appear to be up to the challenge. Best of luck - and work safely.

What the heck is going on with that pink toilet? It looks like it discharges through a hose coming out the side. We stayed in a small hotel in Rouen (sp.) last year that had a toilet with a grinder pump that discharged through a hose. Very interesting. Not something you wanted to flush at 2 AM.

John

Dont ask ! The damaged ceiling in the kitchen is directly below that bathroom-toilet - I suspect there is a connection between the two !
Cheers

Chataigner in Périgord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr
Steve N said:

How old is it? Over here we think 50 and 60 year old places are older. Looks like some work, but it is indeed a project

Where is the shop building in relation to this?

It was built around 1760.

Re shop - see illustration below :

and here are the existing house and workshop for ref :

Cheers

www.rue-darnet.fr
I am so jealous of you, that looks like it would be an amazing project. The house I am living in was in similar condition possibly worse built in 1885. I like the history of a building and the grounds. A garden that has been in place for hundreds of years I don't know why I just like them. I have a friend that has a place over 300 years old in Lebanon it was built with stables underneath and walls a few feet thick and over looks this and looks better during the day

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The pen pushers have finally finished, it's mine as of today !

Currently very busy with an exhibition by our photo club, but in 10 days I make a start !
Cheers

www.rue-darnet.fr
Congratulations. We're all looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

John
Congrats! I am envious. You have a beautiful project within walking distance. The closest I have had to that was 20 minutes away. Current projects are 2 hours away.

Phil Thien

Good luck with he restoration.