Sawstop files Lawsuit against Bosch
http://www.fdmcdigital.com/NewsArticleDe...w%20table%20saw

Get out the popcorn?

I don't know what's going to be better, the actual legal fight or all the sh--slinging that's going to take place on woodworking forums.
guess we'll see who has the better lawyers.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

meackerman said:

guess we'll see who has the better lawyers.

+1

It will end up as an undisclosed settlement.....I bet Bosch pays them an undisclosed dollar amount and it goes away.

Watch.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I'd bet Bosch, knowing the technology in play, had adequately worked around it.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I think it'll come down to how good a case the Bosch thinks SawStop has.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Did Gass ever claim that his invention was more about bringing safety to the market than about making money? If so, then this lawsuit would never have happened. For that matter, his patent would have been free to the industry.

I'm all in favor of an inventor making his due, though. If Bosch stomped on one of his patents, you can bet he'll make them pay. Someone had to be first at challenging him, I guess Bosch stuck their hand into the spinning blade here, metaphorically speaking.

Any chance there'll be courtroom video??
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Mr_Mike said:

That is what I would assume as well....but I bet SS gets some money to go away.....

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

packerguy® said:

[blockquote]Mr_Mike said:

That is what I would assume as well....but I bet SS gets some money to go away.....

[/blockquote]

I don't think so. I think Bosch is prepared. It would be cheaper to fight if you have a slam dunk.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Bosch has a patent too, will be interesting.