Which 'netter had
roller shades covering their wall hung tool cabinet? There was a post a week or so ago and someone posted a pic of their cabinet or it may have been a pic with the cabinet in the background. It looked like they were using a roller shade in place of cabinet doors. Just curious. Thanks.
Ken
I remember seeing one that had the shade, but it was to keep protect the cabinet from the lathe spray/chips. I do think that may have been in Woodturning, so may not be the one you referenced...don't remember who had it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I thought I saw that in one of the recent tool cabinet threads in Hand Tools, but my searching with that criteria isn't paying off.

Spoke too soon.
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...52&Forum=f8,f11
That was it! Thank you very much.
Ken
FordPrefect said:

I thought I saw that in one of the recent tool cabinet threads in Hand Tools, but my searching with that criteria isn't paying off.

Spoke too soon.
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...52&Forum=f8,f11

Ah, yes, that was me. The roller blinds work out well unless one is making fines with a power tool on the bench. Then, extra cover is required. I try to avoid much fine dust in quantity whenever possible anyway.

Bottom line is that I see no need to spend more time making proper doors for the cabinet at this point. The shades work well enough, and they are fast to hang and dirt cheap to purchase.

Just now finishing up a workbench overhaul, I will post new pictures of that in Handtools shortly...
Ag
I hear ya. I have a cabinet but the doors are a pain because I usually have too much stuff on my bench and I can't just open them to grab a tool. I'm debating between a new cabinet with tambour doors or a cabinet with some type of roll up shade. Or the last option...keep the crap off the bench!
Ken