"Stanley Jack"
That's all the auction listing said about this lot, It looked like a very rusty 604 and i was worried it might be pitted. I figured what the hell, I would put in a low bid and worst case scenario have some parts for the boneyard. (These are their pic's not mine.)

I knew once I opened the box it wasn't a 604 but it took awhile to get through the rust to expose the 604 1/2 in the corner! I had to strip off all the japanning and give it a long bath in Evapo-Rust, but I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of pitting. Just some small spots on the lever cap and some shallow pitting on the face of the blade (which I might swap out for an as yet purchased Hock). After pic's below with the obligatory fluffy shavings.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the best part! $12.00 for the plane, $9.50 for the shipping for a grand total of, $21.50!

ps. I did replace the knob. It was functional but chipped at the base and I had a few laying about.

Thanks for looking!
Tom.
Good job on the restoration and congratulations on snagging a good tool!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Nice job. What did you use to replace the japanning?

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
You got ripped. That's not a jack. I'll give you $25 and shipping and you can keep looking.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Hey you removed all the patina.
Nice restoration.
Hey!!!! That's my plane. It fell off my truck 22 years ago. Thanks for shining it all up for me, let me give you my add..........
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Always nice to see an old tool restored. You certainly did a fine job and the shavings look nice.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

I can't believe no one else has said this....,YOU SUCK!!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
You. Suck.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop