Anybody else have this problem with wixey stuff?
I have the digital calipers and digital angle finder. They both work nicely while the battery is good.
I have yet to have a battery last more than about 3 months(not being used) before dying.
Am I missing something or are these just tools that are so bad Harbor freight wouldn't even have the nerve to sell them.
Not sure if it is a Wixey problem or a digital indicator problem. I have a digital caliper and a digital height stand. I have to remove the batteries from both or the next time I reach for them, the battery will be dead. Neither are Wixey as far as I know.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I've seen other brands and they look they same as the wixey. Only difference is the name, prolly made in the same chinese factory.
I have the same problem.
I cotacted Wixey, they blew me off.
I now take the battery out between uses, as a result I almost never use it.
Last Wixey purchase for me...
same here my battery will last about one month unless it is removed
harbor freight quality as far as I am concerned
Yep, same here
oakey said:

same here my battery will last about one month unless it is removed
harbor freight quality as far as I am concerned

And removing it often damages one of the contacts for the battery.
I returned mine to woodcraft...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I have had the iGaging Angle Cube for a few years with no battery issues.
I have had a Wixey cube for about 6 or 8 years and i have changed the battery ONE time! Still works and i only use it on the table saw. So two batteries for me in that many years.

The only thing that eats batteries for me is a Wagner hygrometer and it eats the big expensive ones about every month and a half.