Anybody else have this problem with wixey stuff?
My father went Wixey crazy at Christmas a couple years back, and gave me a whole host of their stuff. Got the angle gauge block, the bit-height gauge, the router table depth gauge, and one for the planer. I like them well enough, and my battery life hasn't been a problem, but mine don't retain their readings very well. It's particularly problematic on the router depth one. You can set it very precisely, but after a few minutes of running, the depth reading is substantially off on the gauge. I don't gather these are made of the highest quality stuff.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
rlnguy said:

I have the same problem.
I cotacted Wixey, they blew me off.
I now take the battery out between uses, as a result I almost never use it.
Last Wixey purchase for me...

+1
I have numerous digital measuring devices in the shop that use 2032 batteries. For under $4 I can buy 20 batteries and have all of my little electronic doodads powered for a few years...when the drawer doesn't have any more of the 2032 batteries then I just order 20 more to have on hand.

20 CR2032 for under $0.20/ea
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I have the cube angle deal....and a planer gauge.

No complaints. I use them every day......so 3 months is what I expect to get out of a harbor freight 2032 or LR44.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

No, My digital angle gauge lasts 6 months or perhaps a year. Batteries are cheap and readily available on amazon. Perhaps you are being supplied sub par batteries from wherever you get them.

And even if they only last you 3 months... its not like its super expensive either.
I have the Beal tilt box, no battery issues.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I have the tilt angle box from Wixey, and have changed the battery once in the last few years. Have you tried SR batteries to see if you get a longer life ? SR v LR batteries
barryvabeach said:

I have the tilt angle box from Wixey, and have changed the battery once in the last few years. Have you tried SR batteries to see if you get a longer life ? SR v LR batteries

Thanks. I did some quick research. I did not realize the difference between SR and LR. I have had the issue with battery drain in my Wixey and, like others, will not buy another. I will try an SR and see what happens. A couple of weeks ago I bought an iGaging digital angle gauge. I am hoping battery life is better with iGaging.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I bought the angle cube not too long after it came out. Battery life was extremely poor with good batteries. I switched to dollar store ones. I changed them more often but overall cheaper.

The major problem is that the cube uses a weight to sense position. Well the construction of the box is poor... The o rings rot and fall out and the case warps inward where the battery is. So what happens is that the case now interferes with the movement of the weight. I have tried to bandaid it but nothing lasts because the war page of the plastic.
The first issue I noticed though was the clear screen cover has nothing backing it up. So if you pick up the tool and put any pressure on the cover it will pop in towards the lcd.

I replaced my angle box with a much nicer one direct from china as nothing as nice was available in the us. It has a rechargeable battery and lots of other functions for less than the cheaply made wixey.
I may buy the planer gauge in the future but I may end up with igaging stuff due to my experience with wixey.

When I contacted wixey they did tell me the diameter of the o rings and basically I'm on my own...
oakey said:

same here my battery will last about one month unless it is removed
harbor freight quality as far as I am concerned

Same here.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon