Oscillating tool - Titanium verses regular metal blade
Oscillating tool: Are titanium metal cutting blades worth the extra cost over regular metal cutting blades? If so, which brand blade?

(I have a Craftsman oscillating tool.)
Skyglider
Never used Titanium blades. Do you have a link to the ones you are thinking about ?

I always bought my bi-metal blades off of ebay. A couple of sellers sell 10 blades for around $50. They have been very high quality. Now, where I work, we sell a 10 pack of Fein bi-metal blades for $80 and they work better than any other blade I've used. I can't believe they are this cheap.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I have some Imperial blades I'm looking to liquidate. Let me know what you're looking at and I'll PM you a price.
museumguy said:

Never used Titanium blades. Do you have a link to the ones you are thinking about ?

I saw these on amazon. Good user reviews and says fits Craftsman.

Titanium blades on amazon
SkyGlider said:

Oscillating tool: Are titanium metal cutting blades worth the extra cost over regular metal cutting blades? If so, which brand blade?

(I have a Craftsman oscillating tool.)
Skyglider

Now I see carbide tooth metal cutting blades. Since the titanium blades are coated, I'm guessing that carbide tooth blades might be better. (carbide teeth welded to blade)

Here's a link to Bosch carbide blades on amazon:

Bosch carbide blade on amazon

Are carbide oscillating blades the best for cutting metal?

Thanks,
Skyglider
Brian in sunny FL said:

I have some Imperial blades I'm looking to liquidate. Let me know what you're looking at and I'll PM you a price.

Still doing research on which type of metal cutting blade is the best. Thanks.
SkyGlider said:

Now I see carbide tooth metal cutting blades. Since the titanium blades are coated, I'm guessing that carbide tooth blades might be better. (carbide teeth welded to blade)

Here's a link to Bosch carbide blades on amazon:
Bosch carbide blade on amazon

Are carbide oscillating blades the best for cutting metal?

Googling carbide verses titanium blades, I found this comparison:

Oscillating blades test comparison

Also, check out the comparison video on the amazon link for the Bosh carbide blade.

Looks like the Bosch carbide blade is the winner for both comparisons.
Skyglider
The blades in question aren't really titanium. The cutting edge is coated with titanium nitride. Same coating they put on some drill bits. It does make normal drill bits last longer, but I don't have any experience on what it would do for oscillating blades.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
What will you be cutting with them?
AHill said:

The blades in question aren't really titanium. The cutting edge is coated with titanium nitride. Same coating they put on some drill bits. It does make normal drill bits last longer, but I don't have any experience on what it would do for oscillating blades.

Yes, that's what I learned during my research.
Thanks,
Skyglider