Cable Management Arm
In another thread, I was referred to cable management arms. I found them so confusing, I figured it best to start a new thread.

The application: I want the chest fridge in the van to pull out from a cubbyhole either on drawer slides or casters. Fridge and contents will weigh about 100 lb. it is 16" wide, 26" deep, but will need to pull out only 16"--compressor is in the rear. It will have both AC and 12v.

I need help figuring what to use.

Thanks.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Carolyn,

Try this link.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
With only 16" of travel required, you can festoon the cord. Attached near the top of the unit, at the back, and also attached at the top of the opening. 8" of slack, times 2 because it goes from the top, droops down, and goes back to the top again, would be tight at 16" extension. More cord allows a softer festoon. The full height of the unit, or close to it, would likely allow much more travel, if needed. Festoons are a common way to handle cords and cables (and hydraulic lines), and with longer travel, multiple loops on support running on tracks is what's normally done, but I'm guessing you really only need two points of support with no traveling mid-supports. But that's just a guess without seeing the actual application.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"