Cutting solid surface
I have a neighbor who asked me if I could cut about 3/4" off the end of his laundry room counter. His washer and dryer are a little too wide for the opening. The challenge is the counter ends on the right side of the washer and dryer so using a circular saw is really hard. If I cut from the front of the counter to the back (or wall) there is almost no part of the saw shoe on the surface. I assume I'll have to cut back as far as the saw will go and finish it with my Multimaster. Help!!!

Jeff
It's time for the patriots to stand up!
That is how I have done it but taped the edge with blue tape to reduce mess. I guess you could also use something to create zero clearance
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Remove counter and cut outdoors?
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Quote:

there is almost no part of the saw shoe on the surface.

Make a temporary larger shoe?
An internet search found the image

on this page :

http://www.familyhandyman.com/tools/circ...s/view-all
~Dan.
Mr_Mike said:

Remove counter and cut outdoors?

Eliminates not being able to get to the end. After flipping the counter as you need to, it will also allow a bearing surface, but cutting off small amounts are a bit tricky sometimes, really clamp it up, support it well from underneath too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5XitQqPOtY
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Dan, that shoe is a great idea but I need to extend the narrow side of the saw.

Mr. Mike, I'll check to see if I can remove the counter. It's an L shape so it's attached in the corner.
It was the idea of a bigger shoe i was depicting.

Make the side you need wider.
Shouldn't be too difficult to mirror the design.
~Dan.
Dan,

Boy do I feel stupid right now.

Jeff
Clamp a square piece of plywood to the counter top and use that as a fence for a router or laminate trimmer. A small router such as a bosch colt would get pretty close to the wall. I have an old laminate trimmer with a 2 x 2 base that gets into tight areas well. You would get a much nicer edge with a router than with a saw. But you would have a lot of vacuuming to do afterwards too.
I've used a router and straight edge to cut to about 3" from the backsplash. Then an angle grinder to finish. The angle grinder will cut the backsplash too. I made an Ell shaped straight edge that clamps in two places along the front.Then a 1x3 stick from straight edge to the ceiling to keep the far end down.
If the top comes off easily then this would be my first choice.

mike