Old Bench
Last weekend we went to Spring Mill state park outside of Mitchell, Indiana. They have a pioneer village recreating the early days of settling Indiana. I must have gone there a hundred times as a kid for various reasons, but Saturday we took my girlfriend's daughters for their first trip. Their main attention was on the heat and trip to the swimming pool rather than the reenactments.

They have several craftspeople showing trades from the period. In the distillery/woodshop there was an old bench that I thought I'd share. As someone who plays around with handtool woodworking and blacksmithing, I got a lot more out of visiting as an adult. I would recommend going to anyone if you're ever in the area.

Thanks for the post, I really enjoy that type of stuff. 2 yrs ago my wife and I met her friend at Medowcroft[sp?] Village in Pa. and I was impressed with a barn full of farming/logging implements from the late 1800's and early 1900's that they had. quite amazing what was done with such stuff as I'm sure you thought upon viewing the Bench.
What the Heck, Give it a Try