Need ideas for keeping shed's double doors open.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

theeviltwinn said:

Twinn

yeah, put a bunch of those under one side of the shed so the floor has a big slant to it.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
K.L. McReynolds,
Large floor bolt: That would work but would be more than I'm looking for.

Herb G and bottd,
Not sure how the bungee cords would work to keep the doors open.

A Squared & Bill Wilson,
Hook & eye: The easiest & minimalist solution so far.

Theeviltwinn, ..............

Admiral,
Removeable contraption on top of doors: Like your ingenuity. Not quite what I'm looking for but I like inventive DIY solutions.

Steve Friedman,
Adjust the hinges & use a stone: Not the solution I'm looking for.

Bob10 ............

Thanks everyone for your contributions. Please keep ideas coming if you have any.
Skyglider
Inside I mounted a 2x4 above the door. To this I used a loose lag bolt to secure a swing arm 2x4 with a notch that hooks the back of the open door. A chain keeps it from over extending. If interested I'll send a pic.
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget
you ever consider googling "Door Holder"?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

firefighter said:

Inside I mounted a 2x4 above the door. To this I used a loose lag bolt to secure a swing arm 2x4 with a notch that hooks the back of the open door. A chain keeps it from over extending. If interested I'll send a pic.

Sounds interesting. A pic would be very helpful for me, and other lurkers too. Thanks.
Bob10 said:

you ever consider googling "Door Holder"?

I always Google before asking a question. Only two solutions that I was interested in were the hook & eye and using magnets. I considered using stainless steel magnetic door holders but figured that being outdoors, the steel portion would rust.

I figured that the folks on WoodNet are more innovative than the average bear so wanted to see if there is a better idea.

(PS: I never did appreciate folks who's answer is to Google or RTFM in any thread I've read. Waste of bandwidth.)
Large semi-trailers have rubber latches to hold the doors in the open position. I think it would be ideal in this situation.

See: http://www.austinhardware.com/index.cfm?...&CID=8

Or this:

http://mcltruckcaps.net/c-1129511-traile...y-hardware.html
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
A Squared & Bill Wilson,
Hook & eye: The easiest & minimalist solution so far

Use that on both my sheds, no problems when the wind blows. So here is another vote.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Same as a hook and eye except the bungee is an adjustable hook. Attach an eye bolt to the inside of the door and at an appropriate spot on the outside of the shed. Open the door and hook the strap to the eye bolt. Works good if your door or hinges are installed in a way that keeps the door from folding all the way back against the shed wall. Crimp the hook on the end attached to the door to keep it from walking away.