Dream Bandsaw
I am in process of buying a Band saw. In my google search I came across this Band Saw

Bandsaw

2" wide blade for resaw? wow this will be a dream saw for someone in lot of Resawing .
It is also great price and looks clean.
Hopefully a woodnet member will pick this.
Did not Norm have one of those?
Ag
AgGEM said:

Did not Norm have one of those?
Ag

Yep

That was a $3500+ saw. A Rockler store down here-ish has one. That 2" blade is CRAZY looking on it.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Yep, thats the one Norm used. Resaw is all it does, but if thats what you do, then this is the saw. That looks to be a good price and the condition looks great.
I've seen a few online that people have replaced the factory motor with a 220 motor, which would be what I'd do if I got one. In addition to being able to put a higher HP motor on it, you wouldn't have to listen to that screaming motor that comes on it. I'd like to have one some day just for resawing.
Where you at in NE Florida? I have an MM16 I'll be parting with soon if you are interested.
A 2" blade is for pikers.

The CB75F comes standard with a *3"* wide blade.

That said, the 3" wide blades are unnecessary in the current world where you can easily get custom-length e.g. 1" carbide-tipped Resaw King or Trimaster.

So don't buy it for the really wide blades - you don't need them to get excellent results.

The build-quality on these saws is excellent, but they lack some of the modern frills like tool-less settings and safety interlocks on the doors.

The factory motor is very durable, but only 1.5HP. It is underpowered for this type of saw, as compared to the competition, e.g. Italian saws, light commercial Griz

-Mark, who has a proper 3HP TEFC motor waiting to go on his CB75F

Edit to delete Rikon - they don't make a bandsaw in this class.
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
EvilTwin said:

Yep, thats the one Norm used. Resaw is all it does, but if thats what you do, then this is the saw. That looks to be a good price and the condition looks great.

Oh - on this point: you can run smaller blades (down to 1/4", IIRC) on the stock saw, although it chews up the phenolic blocks in the blade-guides some.

Or you can buy replacement roller-guides meant for smaller blades.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-977873-butt...B0000223KP

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
What is the max resaw height? 12"?

If someone did not want to add a 220V outlet to their shop, that would be an incredible resaw bandsaw.

Tons of options out there in 220V saws though.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

MKepke said:

A 2" blade is for pikers.

The CB75F comes standard with a *3"* wide blade.

I thought that was the way I remembered it. 3", a real man's blade!

To the OP, you may want to give some thought to Brian's MM16...they are awesome!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.